Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: What do you think of my first P38  (Read 1921 times)

erfworm

What do you think of my first P38
« on: 06 Nov 2002, 05:43:18 »
Hey whats up? Im new to the whole modeling scene and was wondering what you though of my P38 model? Of course I used the tutorials with Gmax but it didnt come out exactly as they had theres. See any corrections I need to add? Also how could I add the props to the prop wheels? Thanks enjoy  :D

beowolff

Re:What do you think of my first P38
« Reply #1 on: 06 Nov 2002, 08:01:43 »
sorry, pal... i don't have Gmax...wish I could help ya though.  VERY nice looking model..  so keep up the good work!  hope you get it finished and in the game...  love to fly that bird!

Beowolff

let me know how you're coming along...  Beowolff@hotmail.com

and check out my IL2 flight sim site...

http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninLair/beowolff39slair.msnw

cya!

erfworm

« Reply #2 on: 06 Nov 2002, 14:14:06 »
Cool thanks man. Nice looking site as well  ;) Ill try to finish it probably export it to Oxy.

Vyper

« Reply #3 on: 09 Nov 2002, 00:28:13 »
Whats the poly count, that looks too good to be true and thats the only thing i can think would be wrong with it.....very nice! Don't let it down with textures!

Vyper

erfworm

« Reply #4 on: 09 Nov 2002, 07:21:09 »
Like I said Im real new to modeling to figure out much stuff. So how would I find the poly count? Thanks for the comments Ill try to convert it to a 3dsm file and get that bad-boy in oxygen then work on it some more.

Vyper

« Reply #5 on: 09 Nov 2002, 23:40:43 »
No idea, i'm no modeler!

But i'll say again....its tasty!

Vyper

DeLiltMon

« Reply #6 on: 12 Nov 2002, 18:27:43 »
Don't know about Gmax specifically but in Milkshape 3d you'd find out by looking in Tools->Show Model Statistics, might be worth having a look through the menu's for somthing similar.
Oxgen constantly displays it in the bottom left corner of the window.
Nice looking model too!

erfworm

« Reply #7 on: 12 Nov 2002, 22:47:59 »
Ok Ill look in the menus again...If I can figure out how to get the model exported in the correct MS3D format with the Gmax Tempist Game pack I can save my self a lot of hassle. Thanks

Gameer_77

« Reply #8 on: 20 Nov 2002, 18:34:57 »
To make it a .3DS download deep exploration and then convert then export a model to .MD3 using tempest. If it asks for frames just put in any number in the text box, then use deep exploration to convert it to .3DS.

As for the poly count Q, click on the little hammer in the 'build toolbar' ::) then on polygon counter.

Well done on actually finishing this model, i couldn't be bothered :P ;D

erfworm

« Reply #9 on: 20 Nov 2002, 23:40:37 »
Cool thanks! Its only 611 polys. Now to convert it and finish it up  ;D. Thanks