Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Sound resources for weapons/vehicles/etc.  (Read 1110 times)

Baphomet

Sound resources for weapons/vehicles/etc.
« on: 15 Feb 2003, 02:35:02 »
I didn't quite know where to put this one. Since it is addon related in a way I posted it here. Sorry if I was incorrect admins... =/

Anyhow. Does anyone know of good games/mods sound extraction utilities for said games. Or any place to download quality samples of guns or vehicle noises, or various other things related to addon sounds? I extracted all the gun sounds from trespasser and they're all very good. But I still want more. I'd rip the audio from IGI/2 since the audio is quite good, but I don't think anyone has made something to do that with the game. Any other info on games that might have accessible audio for good samples to be used in addons would be appreciated.

RP

Re:Sound resources for weapons/vehicles/etc.
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2003, 06:35:25 »
Hi baphomet,

probably this isn't the kind of awnser you were looking for, but, just came to my mind- the gun sounds in "saving private Ryan" (the moovie), are the best i ever heard. That would be a fantastic rip!

mr. Duck

« Reply #2 on: 26 Feb 2003, 00:28:54 »
In the americasarmy.com site is a page wich contains some vids about weapons (M240, M136, M2, RPG, PKM), however, I couldn't rip them sounds from there (darn), other then that, try downloading all soundpacks from various places (@war, opflashpoint.org etc.) and unpacking them and look what it has to offer.  ;D

Baphomet

« Reply #3 on: 01 Mar 2003, 01:28:01 »
You know what? I ripped the gun sounds from army ops as it so happens. Heh.  :D

Those -are- good sounds. Still I wish I could tear up IGI 1 and 2. I'd love that.

Army ops uses the unreal engine. So I just found a media ripper for Unreal tournament and voila. Heh.

RP

« Reply #4 on: 02 Mar 2003, 19:32:02 »
Ghost Recon also has some cool sounds, and very good background music, all wav files.