Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Model help! i got through it  (Read 915 times)

wenker

Model help! i got through it
« on: 18 Feb 2003, 18:54:58 »
I downlaodeda ufo, and in 02 i stretched it out to be lieka mother ship from independence day.  how come i cant shoot it, and i fly through the middle of it?

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
Re:Model help! i got through it
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2003, 19:25:17 »
The following is from another thread re. another model, but maybe you can use some of the info anyway, m8  :-* :)

Collision detection :

I tried to add a 'Geometry' in O2 to for collision detection... it worked well with 'Men' units, eg: they were unable to pass
through the object. The object was supposed to be a static crate. However, when I attempted to drive an armoured vehicle
or just a car through this same 'object', I could go through it. Similarly, when I model a vehicle, I can drive through buildings !!!

What mass did you assign to your geometry?

for the crate, i placed the Geometry's 'Mass' as 50... for the vehicle, i placed the Geometry's 'Mass' as 2000...

You must make sure that the surface is closed and you must find the components (use "find components" function).

Make the geometry lod
Use Cntrl A to select all, (I do "Face", "Recalculate Normals" at this point so you can see your object better)
While all is selected in Geometry, use the
Structure,Convexity,Component Convex Hull
(This makes selections out of your object)
Then while all is still selected,assign the mass in the bottom left corner.

One thing that might prevent collisions from working is too low mass, another is some mistake in component definition.