Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Self Propelled Howitzer  (Read 1788 times)

SUPERSOLDIER2003

Self Propelled Howitzer
« on: 12 Feb 2003, 20:01:16 »
I don't know if anyone knows how to make these but all this is is a tracked vehicle with a big cannon on it. The one I would to see in OFP is the M109A6 Paladin which is currently in use by the U.S. Army. This howitzer boasts a firing range of up to 30,000 meters. It fires HEAT and Sabot rounds from it's 105mm cannon. It also has the capability of firing smoke and illumination rounds. It's operated by a 4 man crew. The only thing that bites about this gigantic monster is that you have to be stationary to fire the cannon. This is because of the massive recoil the cannon causes when it fires. If anyone is interested in making this as an addon to OFP keep looking for this topic in the future for more specifications and some pictures of how it looks. ;D

Eviscerator

Re:Self Propelled Howitzer
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2003, 20:21:21 »
I don't know if anyone knows how to make these but all this is is a tracked vehicle with a big cannon on it. The one I would to see in OFP is the M109A6 Paladin which is currently in use by the U.S. Army. This howitzer boasts a firing range of up to 30,000 meters. It fires HEAT and Sabot rounds from it's 105mm cannon. It also has the capability of firing smoke and illumination rounds. It's operated by a 4 man crew. The only thing that bites about this gigantic monster is that you have to be stationary to fire the cannon. This is because of the massive recoil the cannon causes when it fires. If anyone is interested in making this as an addon to OFP keep looking for this topic in the future for more specifications and some pictures of how it looks. ;D

There have been about 5 M109's made so far....it also has a 155mm cannon not 105mm AFAIK

bigdog632

« Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2003, 00:44:26 »
155mm cannon is correct the A6 is the paladin 109A6 that is

bigdog632

« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2003, 00:45:25 »
i wish the MLRS and the M109 were more realistically portrayed but i guess the engine that this game is based on is a lil lacking for it to be

SUPERSOLDIER2003

« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2003, 09:36:54 »
Where can I find an M109A6 Paladin addon at?

bigdog632

« Reply #5 on: 15 Feb 2003, 05:15:57 »
well i dunno if i will get in trouble for linking another site but here is one place
but here is one place i hope it works for ya
http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?planetrainbowsix/atwar/ofp/addons/vehicles/m109v2_v190.zip

bigdog632

« Reply #6 on: 15 Feb 2003, 05:16:38 »
hmm ok it dont here is the site youll have to find it www.planetrainbowsix.com/atwar