Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Description.ext IN Config.cpp - can dialogs be defined in addons?  (Read 1692 times)

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
I have been working on a dialog arty/airstrike system, here.

I know how to put scripts in an addon and call them, but what about description.ext class definitions? Can you just put them in a config.cpp file instead, and then use the createDialog command as normal?

Obviously I don't want people to have to do any description.ext editing at all if they use the addon.

I could do some experimenting and find out for myself, but before i waste my time i though i'd ask... 8)
Bohemia Interactive Simulations

Kaliyuga

I'm just about positive that you're gonna need that description.ext in there snYpir  

our safe add-on has dialogues, and I've been working with someone else on another addon with dialogues, and from what I've seen so far the info can't be in the config.cpp

I know LCD invested alot of time and effort  trying to get it all into one pbo and we couldn't manage it....  perhaps he could give you a more definitive answer, as I'm somewhat at a loss when it comes to advanced scripting ...

Kaliyuga

Dschulle

What you can do is create a mydescription.h in your addon. Then advise people, who want to use your dialog to add the following line to their description.ext:

Code: [Select]
#include <addonname\mydescription.h>
be sure to use your own names as class definitions to prevent conflicts with mission description.ext ;)
« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2003, 13:40:18 by Dschulle »

Kaliyuga

wow ... thanks for the info Dschulle  
:cheers:

that will come in handy for a few projects i'm working on right now....

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
What you can do is create a mydescription.h in your addon. Then advise people, who want to use your dialog to add the following line to their description.ext:

Code: [Select]
#include <addonname\mydescription.h>
be sure to use your own names as class definitions to prevent conflicts with mission description.ext ;)

Mate - that is fantastic! cheers! ;D
Bohemia Interactive Simulations

asmodeus

Yes, indeed this is quite cool!     ;D

Thanks for that info Dschulle!   ;D

I'm gonna have to buy you a beer or the drink of your choice!   ;D   ;)

:cheers:

Asmo
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2003, 14:31:07 by Asmodeus »

Rubble_Maker

GREAT idea man!! ;)

I been messing with this stupid resource.bin file for month, trying to write a setup tool which adds the descr.ext to OFP's internal resources, but it doesn't really work yet, and even if I could manage to make it work it'd still be quite a risk to have people mess with the game's internal files...

this is so much better, thx!
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2003, 21:42:29 by Rubble_Maker »

SpecOpWarrior

I think this thread needs a trip to the OFP Edting FAQ pages ;)

tanelorn

You must also instruct the users what idc's are reserved for your dialogs.