Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Tweaking items on the HUD  (Read 1664 times)

Rocko Bonaparte

Tweaking items on the HUD
« on: 04 Nov 2004, 05:50:58 »
Is there a little tutorial on how to do this?  I am trying to add the HUD images for a tank's orientation and armor to the driver's view of my tank.  As of right now, the whole window is there, but it only shows ammo right now.  The rest of it is just gray.

Rocko Bonaparte

Re:Tweaking items on the HUD
« Reply #1 on: 06 Nov 2004, 17:18:11 »
I'm still banging on this and getting nowhere.  I notice that when I go into a normal M1A1 and man position, I get the ammo counter along with fuel and armor bars.  The turret direction is above that, where it colors the tank's frame according to where damage has happened.  

Somehow my own single-player adaptation of the M1A1 is missing all this.  I have the ammo counter but that's it.  Does anybody need screenshots?

I was getting the impression that some of this stuff is assigned in Oxygen, but I didn't find any suspicious fields, other than something about an RPM gauge.  Wholesale pasting the gauges from the cfg_vehicles.hpp file didn't seem to work for me -- I may have done something stupid but it just wouldn't work.

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
  • Independent Addon Creator
    • DC3D Game Modelling Zone
« Reply #2 on: 07 Nov 2004, 03:57:10 »
It depends what you are subclassing your tank from
If you are using class Youraddon:tank or class Youraddon:M1Abrams you should be ok. However some of the BIS APCs dont show unit info. If the latter is the case include the following in your addon class in the config:

unitInfoType=UnitInfoTank;
      hideUnitInfo=false;
Thant should give you the tank status stuff.
Rebel without a pause...D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Rocko Bonaparte

« Reply #3 on: 07 Nov 2004, 19:02:47 »
That's a no-go.  I am subclassing M1Abrams already, and it didn't work after putting that code in anyhow.  Is there anything special I need in the model?  I am using essentially the BIS model, but with some tweaks to allow the driver to see the gunner's optics.

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 07 Nov 2004, 20:15:21 »
Ah. A while back a one man abrams was released and it didn't show the hud stuff either IIRC.

Rocko Bonaparte

« Reply #5 on: 08 Nov 2004, 06:43:28 »
I guess I'll have to create some temporary configs with slights changes to pinpoint what exactly I'm doing then that is causing trouble with the HUD.  I can't take care of it tonight but I should have some comments in a day.

Rocko Bonaparte

« Reply #6 on: 09 Nov 2004, 04:23:23 »
I see how it is.  The hud is linked to what positions I have in the vehicle.

I added the gunner and commander seats and suddenly gut the tank orientation in the top-left  corner.  In the commander seat, I also get the RADAR.  There must be a way to give this all to just the driver!

Note that I will get the orientation as long as I have all the positions available, but they don't have to be filled.  One person can be in the tank to get all that.  

So superficially, all that seems to matter is:
Code: [Select]
      hasCommander=1;
      hasDriver=1;
      hasGunner=1;
Maybe I have enough information here to press somebody on the BIS forums.

Rocko Bonaparte

« Reply #7 on: 11 Nov 2004, 06:57:14 »
I thought I'd update on my findings from the BIS forums.  It looks like MOST HUD elements are taken care of with:

driverCanSee = "CanSeeAll"

where "CanSeeAll" is defined as the number 31.  However, this still doesn't bring up the tank orientation in the upper left corner.  Nobody's been able to figure that one out quite yet.

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 16 Nov 2004, 10:35:57 »
Have you tried:

Driveriscommander =1;

Just a thought.
« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2004, 10:37:20 by Colonel_Klink »