Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Need a basic tank config.cpp [or tute on this]  (Read 993 times)

mooncaine

Need a basic tank config.cpp [or tute on this]
« on: 09 Feb 2003, 08:39:12 »
I've been futzing around with config.cpp files all day, trying to make one for an original tank model. I've never done this before, so I worked through Brsseb's relevant tutes [I did Klink's partial tute, too. I slso dug up everything I could find this weekend on config.cpp tutes and tips.

I have been able to get hold of a hovercraft p3d with its own .cpp file, but not a tank's. Does anyone know where I can get one? Decompressing the demo model T72 doesn't give me one, so I don't know where else to look other than to beg here.

Can anyone please point me to an example tank config.cpp, purty please?

Kaliyuga

Re:Need a basic tank config.cpp [or tute on this]
« Reply #1 on: 09 Feb 2003, 10:03:01 »
If you go to the Breathe site.....  

you can find a commented config.cpp  for download.....

get it... it's a bear to read.. but there's all kinds of neat stuff in there

;D

mooncaine

« Reply #2 on: 09 Feb 2003, 22:10:21 »
I know what you mean. I have that; it's just much too much for me to digest at this early stage. I'd have to print that sucker and go off to the cemetery for a day and read it alone, with a highlighter pen. Yeesh.

I have found a tank's config.cpp file, but it's in a mod, and belongs to Operation Northstar--so I am awaiting a reply from Powerslide about whether I can have permission to alter it or post snippets here when I might need help.

I was hoping someone had a tank's cpp file to share publicly, or knew of one.

mooncaine

« Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2003, 03:25:01 »
Never mind. I found one I could hack from and I am figuring it out myself. Maybe later I could get some help with specifics, like how to make the commander's cupola offer its own weapon, but for now, my test tank works [but textures don't show up].