Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Vehicles in Oxygen  (Read 1035 times)

Pointman

Vehicles in Oxygen
« on: 07 Feb 2003, 05:04:49 »
I created a model in Oxygen, the model works great as an "object" in the game, but not as a vehicle. I basically replaced the guts from a very very simple vehicle and removed the object stuff.

The game crashes once i try to start the editor Preview

Do i need components on the model?

ideas?

Kaliyuga

Re:Vehicles in Oxygen
« Reply #1 on: 07 Feb 2003, 08:26:36 »
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/brsseb/

go to this link.. and look for the tutorial on making a car...

:cheers:

Pointman

« Reply #2 on: 08 Feb 2003, 00:43:45 »
yes that's the tutorial i used.

It does not explain why my model out of the box would not work though. I did notice that in his model has certain "Components". Are those the parts that are needed?

mooncaine

« Reply #3 on: 09 Feb 2003, 08:02:55 »
I can't tell, from what little you've told so far, but the car tute worked for me. One thing I discovered is that you have to place vertices, as his tute describes, to identify the ground contact points. Did you do that?

Also, you must have a config.cpp  file to go with this model. He offers one for download. Did you include that in the folder with the model, before you compressed to a .PBO file?

I'm discovering that the car's .CPP file can't just be dropped in for my tank; I'm picking thru a T72 model [from the downloadable demo models at http://www.geocities.com/kungtotte/], and trying to make parts of my model match parts of that one, with the same Czech names for the same selections. It's exhausting and boring. I think I'm going to go begging for a proper tank's .CPP file [I haven't found one yet], because I don't have one and I don't know enough to make one from scratch.

I'm a fellow newbie, so these suggestions might be premature. Just trying to help.