Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: can ch-53 model be converted?  (Read 5785 times)

Duff

can ch-53 model be converted?
« on: 20 Aug 2002, 06:46:43 »
in the old forum, tigershark asked if any one was working on a ch-53 model. i said i had a FS 2000 model file that someone might be able to convert into a form that OFP could read. i'm reposting it (288kb zipped) but the new size limit is now 50 kb instead of 300 kb. So contact me if someone wants to try and convert it, i'll send it to ya

Vixer

Re:can ch-53 model be converted?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2002, 12:41:45 »
the 50kb limit is because people were using it as their own databas`Ballistic has a model of a CH53 made so i dont think TS still needs it  :)

Duff

« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2002, 14:13:06 »
hmm .. if they had one made, why was he asking?

Scorpio

« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug 2002, 14:14:19 »
I have a model im working on for Ballistic Addon Studio. Im going to make the MH-53E Pavelow and the CH-53 Super Stallion.

MrCrispPacketII

« Reply #4 on: 20 Aug 2002, 19:27:39 »
Rumour has it that Oxygen is gonna be made availible to the public this week. This has been confirmed by BIS so maybe there's a way to convert it yourself.

Duff

« Reply #5 on: 20 Aug 2002, 22:40:13 »
like i said in the old forum, if we CAN convert the model, the avaiation addons would be limitless. my "virtual hangar" has over 100 aircraft including just about every chopper. it would be a nice break through for the OFP fans.

Beeny

« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug 2002, 14:09:50 »
as long as people are not making planes, im happy... i'd really like to see some choppers for the resistance though, maybe an mi-6 or stuff like that

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #7 on: 21 Aug 2002, 23:06:16 »
dunno what the big thing for choppers for resistance is...

since its a group of militia who have virtually no training and weapons - how likely is they have a choppe? i mean yes, they have tanks (god knows how) but choppers? if any it should be converted bell jets with the door ripped off and a PK mounted inside.... hehe that would be cool
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 21 Aug 2002, 23:14:03 »
This is getting closer to addon: Ideas now, but yes I would have to agree. Even if they had the know-how and so on, it still takes a lot of maitenance (sp?) to keep a chopper airborne. And spare parts isn't available at your local car mechanic.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

SEAL84

« Reply #9 on: 21 Aug 2002, 23:14:14 »
I can see civvie stuff jerry-rigged with weapons...but not military gear.

For example, an MD500 with an M60 stuck out the door would be cool.

If any resistance choppers were made, they'd need to have civvie paint jobs and maybe some FIA marks slapped on there.

FW200

« Reply #10 on: 21 Aug 2002, 23:47:29 »
or an Mi 17 with an PK in the side and winglets ripped off...
Or an Mi 2 with an machine gun..
But what i really would like to see is an light plane with an machine gun or so in the side.. a cessna would be great as an cheap CH-130 :P

Duff

« Reply #11 on: 22 Aug 2002, 03:10:43 »
how about G-max 3d models? anyone have a way to translate those? the new combat flight sim 3 will ship with a small version of g-max to allow people to make aircraft. if those models can be translated then all the CFS3 aircraft could be at our disposal.

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 22 Aug 2002, 13:30:01 »
FS2002 already has the Gmax software, and it seems that you can convert to the  MSFS 3d models but not FROM them, at least not that I have seen.  If we could there are thousands of helos, planes, ships, buildings all textured aswell.
CBF Shipbuilding

Vixer

« Reply #13 on: 23 Aug 2002, 12:03:24 »
duff also dont forget to make of every model you have 4 lods so you will be busy with doing 300 more models :P

Duff

« Reply #14 on: 23 Aug 2002, 13:37:48 »
oops, forgot about the LOD stuff. i'm a new CFS3 beta tester and was gonna try and build a pby for the game. they gave me a aircraft builder SDK that has a G-max plug-in so i can get the CFS3 models in and out of g-max. i'm uneducated in how 3d models get into OFP, what progams, etc. if this plug-in gets stuff from CFS3 in to g-max can you guys take it from g-max to OFP?