Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: forests  (Read 1165 times)

Buggs

forests
« on: 02 Feb 2003, 23:25:48 »
I've been using wrp edit for a while now but I'm having problems with the forests.
I use the les ctverec (full squares) Forrest & the les trojuhelnik prucuozi (corner pieces).

I don't have any problems with the full squares, they all ways follow the contours of the Land perfectly, it's the corner pieces that give me the problems.
They either fit perfectly or They don't, leaving an L shaped gap between the back of the corner piece & the full squares.

And there doesn't seem to be any sought of pattern as to why they won't fit properly. Even on a perfectly flat piece of land there is no guarantee that the corner pieces will fit correctly.

Also I cant actually tell that the corner piece fits correctly until I view it in-game. It looks fine in The wrp 3d view, but looks different when viewed via OFP.

Any ideas please.
Buggs.

Jakerod

Re:forests
« Reply #1 on: 03 Feb 2003, 01:25:21 »
make sure all pieces are prefectly in the middle of each cell. Use the x, y and z to do this.... Im pretty sure that if you want them to be in the middle x and z end in 00, 25, 50 or 75.

Buggs

« Reply #2 on: 03 Feb 2003, 09:03:14 »
thanks for the reply Jakerod. i'll check that out.
cheers Buggs.

Buggs

« Reply #3 on: 03 Feb 2003, 09:40:38 »
you are right Jakerod. the forests that are giving me problems were not central to the cells. i cant thank you enough for solving this problem for me.

cheers Buggs  ;D

Jakerod

« Reply #4 on: 04 Feb 2003, 00:38:58 »
No Problem. ;)

I had the same problem for a while. What i usually do is find out the forumla of things first. Like with the new res walls each normal wall section is 2.5 away from the other(or something like that). Then with the destroyed section you want to place the section .03 higher if its on 0 and .03 lower if its on 180. Then its also .05 closer to the middle of the wall.
forests are like the bridge if you ever want to use that. Make sure the bridge is in the middle of the cell.