Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Antartica  (Read 1808 times)

O Neil

Antartica
« on: 19 Dec 2002, 08:08:51 »
Hey

I don't understand WRPedit, so just thought I bring up an issue. Why not make a map on something like Antartica or something?

O Neil ;)

BlinkDog

Re:Antartica
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2002, 14:40:15 »
Well you can do a portion of Antarctica. The max map size is 12.8x12.8 km. I may do one as my next map or at least some sort of an arctic island with a research and weather station. It would be an easy island to do compared to the one I am curently working on.

O Neil

« Reply #2 on: 21 Dec 2002, 06:09:34 »
yea, that's what I was thinking.

O Neil ;)

MadAussie

« Reply #3 on: 26 Dec 2002, 14:38:00 »
Ive started an  island...but after using normal resistance buildings it doesnt have an arctic feel about it..anyone out there have decent winter objects out there..ive tried to decrypt kegs island to no avail..i also have a canadian/alaskan type island and this would come in handly for this too..
BTW it must be new format..??MLOD/ODOL??
MadAussie out....

BlinkDog

« Reply #4 on: 26 Dec 2002, 17:54:51 »
The building models have to be Binarized, thats all I know. I have managed to add the most recent Agent Smith buildings to my island because the new version is binarized. When you add third party addons to a wrpedit map remember to include the other addon with your map otherwise the models will not show up in game.

BlinkDog

« Reply #5 on: 04 Jan 2003, 07:35:08 »
If you need a snow texture then resistance O.pbo has 3. Also adding some of the lighter gray coloured rocks works to break up the montony of the white terrain.  

O Neil

« Reply #6 on: 08 Jan 2003, 22:13:58 »
Is this gonna be made for Resistance?

MadAussie

« Reply #7 on: 17 Jan 2003, 16:50:17 »
Gday Guys..i have been working on the island..still need better objects or skills to make em myself ;)  
Quick Poll-
Do you want an arctic island..no tree's just white and cliffs with the occasional buildings??
OR
A kegetys type ripoff..a normal island in a winter version??

Im doing both but which one should b done quicker?
MadAussie out....

Jakerod

« Reply #8 on: 17 Jan 2003, 17:17:13 »
do an island with trees but dont make a winter version of one that already exsists. Just make your own and make it big maybe like slightly smaller than nogova. If you can if you have better things to do then do what you want but thats my suggestion.

Leone

« Reply #9 on: 19 Jan 2003, 06:59:53 »
Yeah....make your own I say........could be very interesting to play on!  ;D

O Neil

« Reply #10 on: 20 Jan 2003, 03:36:00 »
Well, I've got 1.45, so  it sounds like I can't say much.

O Neil

PS: (But I do prefure something like your first idea)

MadAussie

« Reply #11 on: 24 Jan 2003, 13:23:10 »
Im still here..just moving house and starting new job..have started a completely new island..winter based on chechnya..sort of
Couple of weeks for beta..also anyone thats interested..off topic..but im doing a realistic east timor island..
till later
MadAussie out....

Commando

« Reply #12 on: 25 Jan 2003, 00:36:47 »
Cool! But I don't know if this belongs here but I think somebody should make a winter Nogova. :D
That would be very awesome. Kegeteys winter nogojev really rocks with its script to create northernlight and ssnow effect.
He also included updated winter vehicles and soldiers that work better with res. But something missiong would be winter civilian cars that would add more to the frosty feel on a winter map. ;)