Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to create units after a certain event  (Read 390 times)

Bronski

How to create units after a certain event
« on: 26 Jan 2003, 07:59:18 »
Currently i am in the early planning stages (that is i just thought up the plot of it twenty minutes ago while on the toilet ;D ) of a mission about a Nogovan police officer.

Early in the mission i will be having the officer going to a location to investigate a report of a disturbance.  When you reach the location there would only the civ's and no other officers.  Shortly after that i am going to have a short passage of time (30 min to and hour), and when it comes back to that scene it will be crawling with officers.

I am trying to find out what the best way to do that.  I'll need to have units with waypoints that weren't at that location before the jump in time.  I've read stuff about the passage of time so that will be no problem.  

Right now i am at a loss for what i should be looking for to do this.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

Offline Alan34

• Members
  • Praise the Lord and pass the Carl Gustav
    • Red Devils
Re:How to create units after a certain event
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2003, 16:51:15 »
Several ways to do this.  However I need a clarification.  Do you want 30 mins to an hour of time to actually pass by or do you want to jump forward in time?  You can use skiptime to jump forward.  If you want time to pass before the other units go to the scene, you can use the Min/Max/Mid time control variables in the waypoint before they go to the scene.  Time is input in seconds.  You could put 1800 in min, 3600 in max, and 2700 in mid for example.  This would make them show up somewhere between 30 mins and a hour after mission starts with a tendency to come around 45 mins into mis.

Bronski

Re:How to create units after a certain event
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2003, 20:42:07 »
I am just going to do a jump forward in time.  I'm just trying to have the effect of the passage of time.  In real time only a few seconds will pass but in game time 30 mins will have passed.