Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Armstrongs newbie Qs  (Read 5171 times)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:Armstrongs newbie Qs
« Reply #15 on: 07 Jan 2003, 18:06:52 »
Geuss if itÂ's working?

Nope, it never does :'(.

I have changed the p3d file, the cpp file and I have moved the PBO file to Operation flashpoint\res\addons\ like I always does when I download addons but the addon doesnÂ't appear in the list of units.

Skaven

« Reply #16 on: 07 Jan 2003, 18:38:13 »
you changed the .p3d file correctely?
Were the textures you used swaped into  \newaddonname\texturefilename?
is the cpp file really done correctely? it must be a cpp file problem since it should appear in the editor, or what could happen was the game to crash before or after the game starts, check the cpp file again, and be sure you called everything witht he right names, specially the addon name and the model name (.p3d file).
Try and and try again, if you still can't find the solution than I'll take a look at it, but first try retry and read, now is a good time to read the tutorials about the cpp file, I bet it's a cpp file problem  ;) Also have you renamed the .p3d accordingly to the cpp file?

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #17 on: 07 Jan 2003, 18:53:03 »
I think so, there was an already done CPP file in the torturial, I only changed 3 some stuff htat he told me to do + that IÂ've changed what I thought was what weapons he started with.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #18 on: 07 Jan 2003, 18:59:41 »
IÂ'll show ya what I changed:

#define TEast 0
#define TWest 1
#define TGuerrila 2
#define TCivilian 3
#define TSideUnknown 4
#define TEnemy 5
#define TFriendly 6
#define TLogic 7

#define true 1
#define false 0

#define private 0
#define protected 1
#define public 2

#define WeaponNoSlot 0// dummy weapons
#define WeaponSlotPrimary 1// primary weapons
#define WeaponSlotSecondary 16// secondary weapons
#define WeaponSlotItem 256// items
#define WeaponSlotBinocular 4096// binocular
#define WeaponHardMounted 65536

#define CanSeeRadar 1
#define CanSeeRye 2
#define CanSeeOptics 4
#define CanSeeEar 8
#define CanSeeCompass 16
#define CanSeeRadarC CanSeeRadar+CanSeeCompass
#define CanSeeAll 31

class CfgPatches
{
   class TEXT1
     {
         units[] = {TEXT1};
         weapons[] = {};
         requiredVersion = 1.10;
     };

};
class CfgVehicles
{
   class All{};
   class AllVehicles:All{};
   class Land:AllVehicles{};
   class Man:Land{};
   class Soldier:Man{};
   class Civilian:Soldier{};

class TEXT1:Civilian
   {
      displayName="TEXT2";
      weapons[]={"M16GrenadeLauncher"}; <=========================I changed this to {""}
      magazines[]={"M16","M16","M16","M16","M16","M16","M16","M16"}; <====I changed this one to {""}
      model="\TEXT3\TEXT3";
   };

};

All text1 was changed to beware_man

All text2 was changed to LUC beware

All text3 was changed to beware
« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2003, 19:00:35 by The real Armstrong »

Skaven

« Reply #19 on: 07 Jan 2003, 19:02:53 »
ok zip all you have and send it to me now, filpedro@hotmail.com I'll fix the problem and I'll tell you what was wrong  ;) if the file is bigger than 1.5 Mbytes zipped, than find a way to upload it.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #20 on: 07 Jan 2003, 19:10:03 »
IÂ'll it one more time, if it ainÂ't working, IÂ'll mail it to you.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #21 on: 07 Jan 2003, 20:17:34 »
Ok, skaven, here we go.... I couldnÂ't find the problem so IÂ'll mail it. itÂ's a 300 KB file, compressed in both RAR and PBO. Hope you can find the problem. Thx a lot, Yer the best!

ItÂ's on itÂ's way in eta 30 seconds.

Thx

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #22 on: 08 Jan 2003, 18:14:30 »
Thx again! I thought in the first place that I could do it myslef with your bug reports, but I couldnÂ't find the place where you should write da side=3 :-[ so I checked your(my) file and now IÂ'll ahve to check if itÂ's working!

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #23 on: 08 Jan 2003, 18:20:45 »
Well, now IÂ've to go on to the cpp file turtorials, I suck in cpp :P.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #24 on: 08 Jan 2003, 21:56:36 »
OK, I checked some AddOns from the download page and their pictures, and  :o :o :o! You guys who know this stuff must have much time/are sooooooo much better then me painting in paint shop pro or your importing the cammoflague from somethin else. Yer so great! And I sux at making cammo, I tried, 2 times, first time it looked like a TV that didnÂ't work (ya know, that screen with the black and white dots, except this time, it was in colours). the 2nd time it looked like snakes having a massive hug. How do you do this?! ???

(I told ya that I should read some cpp torturials, and I started with Snypers/Snypirs(canÂ't remember the name) turtroial, and he use to make great turtorials, but I didnÂ't understand a sh!t (except inte the start) so I thought that it would be better to do some skins first with allerady done cpp files and study them, step by step before I try the turtorial again.)

Skaven

« Reply #25 on: 09 Jan 2003, 01:13:54 »
Well about the painting, actually the best way to make textures for your soldiers is not to paint, but to make kind of a photographic manipulation using real pictures as reference.

for example, check this website for great cammo pics.

http://www.tridentmilitary.com/

Also check this pic to see what I mean  ;)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #26 on: 09 Jan 2003, 21:13:23 »
cool, IÂ'll try that on a spetz natz addon IÂ'm making (but I ainÂ't got long, only depacked the pbo ::))

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #27 on: 09 Jan 2003, 21:40:42 »
Grrrr! I hate BIS! IÂ'm testing an oxygen turtorial, and when I was fixing o2 to work right I freezed of unhappiness when I saw this qoute:

Now its time to start o2. Start the main program  (thats "Objektiv2Light.exe" now in your C:\ofpedit\o2program folder). The viewer automatically starts with the program (if you have the original (not resisance) Operation Flashpoint CD in a CDROM drive, that is. Else you will get an error message telling you to put it in. You cant use the viewer without an original OFP CD).

(ey! Take it easy! IÂ've got the original, let me explain).

You c, IÂ've got the GOTY edition, and thats not the original edition, itÂ's a different (when you buy the box you think, ah great 3 CDs! But it ainÂ't Res, Red ham and the original, itÂ's a file disc for the install, a play disc and a soundtrack for play in each CD-player.).

Anyway, I thought, What the heck, I didnÂ't think BIS was so stupid that they didnÂ't make the program run with GOTY edition, but I was wrong, and now IÂ'm f*cked. If I canÂ't make an 3d file, how can I advance in my addon editing skills?

Anyone who got the GOTY edition and know how to solve this? Or do anyone have any other clue? Should I contact some kind of techincal support from BIS or codemasters?