Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Transparent textures  (Read 1490 times)

Iva

Transparent textures
« on: 29 Dec 2002, 14:04:36 »
Does anybody know exactly steps so i could make transparent textures.I tryed to make new transparent tga file and when i import it to paa it wont be transparent.What i need to do to make transparent textures ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

major asshole

Re:Transparent textures
« Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2002, 07:11:59 »

G'day

What paint program are you using?

L8R

M_S_Holder

« Reply #2 on: 03 Jan 2003, 00:55:42 »
Hey I'm having the same problem.  I use Photoshop 7, and when I set the opacity to 0%, I get a checkerboard.  I save it as .TGA and change it to .paa/.pac.  In the game it is grey!

earl_laamanen

« Reply #3 on: 03 Jan 2003, 05:51:53 »
Make sure you save as 32-bit TGA.  When you open texview, you can preview the alpha channel to see if the TGA file is good or not.

Skaircro

« Reply #4 on: 07 Jan 2003, 17:35:01 »
Check out this thread on the Flashpoint1985 forums -> http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard301/ikonboard.cgi?s=3e1adad46032ffff;act=ST;f=48;t=24123

Lansen made a very useful tutorial for this type of thing.
Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy.
Hope this helps.  ;)

earl_laamanen

« Reply #5 on: 08 Jan 2003, 22:45:35 »
http://www.baconbomb.com/modworks/tut_ofp_custom_optics.html

This is a custom optics tutorial, which included transparent texturing.  Photoshop 7 handles transparency in the RGB channels, you don't need an alpha channel.  You know the level of transparency by how much of the grey/white checkerboard you can see.

If you open a TGA with alpha channel in Photoshop 7, you won't see the greyscale transparency channel in the channels tab, it gets worked right into the regular RGB colour channels.  The tutorial goes over this in more detail.

Tamerch

« Reply #6 on: 15 Jan 2003, 15:10:14 »
the best way to deal with transparency is to use photoshop....
just start with a transparent layer, then make as much layers as u want ...

before saving in TGA file make sure to see the right texture (ie change the order of the layer in order to see exactly what u want).
U have to see black and white squares in the backgroud(its the transparent texture)