Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Double WRP!  (Read 1269 times)

M_S_Holder

Double WRP!
« on: 09 Jan 2003, 02:17:58 »
at ofp.gamezone.cz I noticed a new program called doubleWRP, which allows 25x25 KM maps.

Problem is that the damn thing won't download (at least for me.)

Does anybody know where else I can get this program?

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
Re:Double WRP!
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jan 2003, 02:54:04 »
Nope, I get that error as well.

I be more interested in one of his earlier experiments at doubleing the resolution of a map by making the grids 1/2 size. To me that has more possibilities than making 25 mile maps, especially if we have to put in the objects through wrpedit. It would take a year just to add everything lol :)

Still very interesting though.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Jack Handey

BlinkDog

« Reply #2 on: 09 Jan 2003, 06:12:42 »
I know what you mean. Olafsland, the map I have in beta now is almost 12.5x12.5 . It has taken me over a month to get it that far and will be prob another 1.5 weeks to get the textures right and change any bugs. A map this big would take 4 times as long since it is times as big. That means 4 times the roads and fences :(, not me not anytime soon.

The good thing is though is that you may be able to import two premade islands and place them in the water areas, so you could do Malden/Everon on the same map and still have them be separate islands.

captain caffeine

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2003, 02:27:33 »

Here's ALW's personal minisite hope it helps, dont know how to run links so just copy and paste in address bar

http://web.quick.cz/fholesinsky/OF

Commando

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2003, 12:35:59 »
Awesome if you could have malden and everon on the same map! :D
Or even a winter island and a normal island.
this surely has some potential, to bad I can't wrp edit I tried by opening kolgyev and then adding a house and stuff and on desert island I messed it up totally so that all textures disapeared... had to reinstall ofp..  :P
Maybe when Im getting older then Im going to finish the campaign and start wrp edit and o2 stuff...