Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Losing Textures in Compilation  (Read 960 times)

Chomps

Losing Textures in Compilation
« on: 22 Dec 2002, 07:39:41 »
Okay, so I made a small tent model in O2, and have two textures on it so far, one default texture from the game and one texture I made myself.  Both are applied and both show up properly in Buldozer.

However, when I compile the .pbo and run it in the game, only the default game texture shows up and my custom texture does not.

My custom texture is a 256x256 .pac file which seems to be valid because it opens up in TexView and shows up correctly in Buldozer.

For the paths of the textures I have:
data\molo_drev_side.pac  (this is the default one that works fine)
\chomp_base\tentcanv.pac  (where chomp_base is my pbo name, and tentcanv.pac is in there, with no subdirectory)

It appears in Buldozer, because Buldozer is installed to my root directory and my project is in the \chomp_base directory.

I used PBOTool to compile the addon.

I am thinking my problem is in the path?  Any suggestions?

waldo

Re:Losing Textures in Compilation
« Reply #1 on: 23 Dec 2002, 21:19:09 »
i have a similar problem; i edited a texture in an addon (and it shows in 'texview') but ingame its all white... how do i get it to show ingame?

mooncaine

« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2003, 03:23:42 »
Same here. All on my own, I figured out how to unpack a mod's tank, and bit bit, replaced its parts with mine. 1st person views and such are all still messed up, but I can operate the tank [and so can the AI]. I even got the treads working so they deform properly. Mostly it's just a matter of looking at how the T72 demo p3d's selections and LODs are made, and replacing those with my own, named the same.

Anyway, I mapped textures onto it today, just as Brsseb's tute teaches for the crate .... yet the textures don't show up on my tank's mesh. They show up in Buldozer, but not in the game.

I sure would appreciate it if someone who's already faced this could post a list of troubleshooting steps, for those of us who are stuck on this .... please?

teaCup

« Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2003, 08:28:25 »
You can omly have a single texture path.  There's no such
thing as two of them. It's defined in "File"->"Options..". The
names of your textures are appended to the value of
"Texture name prefix" thus forming the full path to your textures.
If you want to see the texture path of a .p3d, i
recommend you open it up with a hex editor.

If all your textures came with the game, your prefix should
read "data\" (the textures will be opened from "Data.pbo").

If you have your own textures, the prefix should point to
your addon. The same thing if you're using both custom and
original game textures, omly in this case, you need to copy
the textures you use from "Data.pbo" to your addon folder.
I think..   :)
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2003, 08:30:28 by teaCup »

mooncaine

« Reply #4 on: 11 Feb 2003, 22:49:25 »
Thanks! That was just the particular help I needed to get my textures to show in-game.