Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: mods folders and shortcuts  (Read 1022 times)

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
mods folders and shortcuts
« on: 18 Dec 2002, 08:44:55 »
Very simple question.

Whenever I try to edit a copy of the resistance shortcut to make OFp run only using certain mod folders, I get the error in the pic below.

I see nothing I'm doing wrong, and followed the instructions.

« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2002, 08:45:53 by ebud »
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Jack Handey

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
Re:mods folders and shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2002, 17:22:00 »
<bump> wtf? Can someone POST a shortcut that they use on their desktop that contains the right command line to direct ofp to use a user made folder as the addon folder?  
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Jack Handey

BoNeCoLLeCToR

Re:mods folders and shortcuts
« Reply #2 on: 20 Dec 2002, 02:49:40 »
Make in the OFP folder a new map call it Mod and in the mod folder make another map call it Vietnam and copy everthing from your OFP folder to Vietnam folder and remove all the unofficial addons and missions Don't remove the official addons or missions otherwise it can give conflicts and install your nam addons in addons and res addons folder and missions in missions folder and than go to orginal folder and choose in the up corner view and than folder options and than in folder options view and than choose show all files and than copy the 2 files these files to you vietnam folder these are the files:IFC22.DLL & is3Dfx.dll and copy them in vietnam folder and than you resistance.exe file change the name to Vietnam.exe start the game have fun and you don't get the error cannot memory map file or anything else works great m8 hope it helps you