Author Topic: Canyons  (Read 977 times)

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Canyons
« on: 25 Aug 2002, 13:49:11 »
im thiking of making a map with canyons in (deep, steep sided canyons) with a river in.... summit for the fly boys to go speeding through - more of an MP map i guess.

basically i was wondering about the limits to making canyons and how do the AI respond to them?

cheers

:thumbsup:
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Jakerod

Re:Canyons
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2002, 16:17:51 »
I dont think there are any limits to a canyon....You could do what ever you want with it but i suggest not making it over 200 from the river to the top or else it may look kinda funny when you hit it with a rocket. AI will probably crash  but i have seen them pull up and fly threw the canyons.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2002, 16:43:14 »
ok... cheers
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 10 Aug 2003, 16:32:21 »
I dont know how hard Canyons are to make because i cn get my Buldozer and Visitor to work... but if you ca get the depth right - ssay 200 - 300 metres with a nice river on the bottom - how big were u thinking the river should be ? i'd say no more than 100 metres wide by any means... if u can get the canon about 50 to 100 metres bigger than say a Sopwith Camel i think there should be no problem with AI or Players flying through it....

Maybe u could havea place for a base at eh end of the canyon with AA defences for a MP game....

Rhys
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)