Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Custom voices/sounds, Ok, i've searched...  (Read 963 times)

TakanoFukada

Custom voices/sounds, Ok, i've searched...
« on: 08 Dec 2002, 02:13:08 »
I have tried searching all open forums for this and I am still stuck so I guess I have to resort to start a new post here...

I would like to create a new sound file for my customized addon vehicle and the sound would be the vehicle's name.

For example, say when I order a unit to board, the sound aloud would be "1, board VehicleName". And when the vehicle is destroyed, the sound will be something like "VehicleName is history!".

I have no problems creating and converting the sound files into ogg format. I just need help to link up these into my addon.

I tried to look through the tutorials I found through this forum but these cover about custom music instead which is not what I'm looking for.

Desperate help needed here...

Thanks !  ???

stoppelhopser

Re:Custom voices/sounds, Ok, i've searched...
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2002, 23:56:53 »
if u know a little about coding then you should go to the Breathe page (http://www.flashpoint1985.com/breathe)and download the commented config. there youÂ'll find everything you can code for your addon.
for example:
put this line in your CfgVehicles class,
nameSound="\[your addon name]\[your_addon_namesound]";
and ingame you should hear e.g.
"12 oÂ'clock,[your_addon_namesound], 200"

i didnÂ't test it though, but this must work.
i thought about adding this feature to my addon, too, but i should think that it only makes sense if you also include all the other custom sounds with the custom voice, like"1 oÂ'clock, 2 oÂ'clock....", you name it...