Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Help! creating Islands Demo movie ?  (Read 1107 times)

Actron

Help! creating Islands Demo movie ?
« on: 15 Dec 2002, 00:32:46 »
Not to sure what you call it.(newbee strike)
when you are in games menu after you have played a mission from your island, the BIS islands have a movie going on like a demo mission playing in a loop .

I tried to make one for my island, but nothing happens.

I am not a scripting expert, so is there a place to find more info to create these demo missions, or movies for ones new island?

also what the proper name for this?

Thankyou
« Last Edit: 15 Dec 2002, 00:34:11 by Actron »

Faculty

Re:Help! creating Islands Demo movie ?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Dec 2002, 23:35:29 »
u have to add this sting into ur cpp.file

cutscenes[]={"..\ADDONS\islandname_anim\intro"};

Actron

« Reply #2 on: 16 Dec 2002, 22:14:53 »
ThankYou!, But it seems I had this in My CCP. so i replaced with Yours, with My islands name inserted. still nothing.

THere must be something else i am doing wrong  ???

Actron

« Reply #3 on: 18 Dec 2002, 02:25:34 »
OK I finaly figured it out with Many Huge Thanks to Planck.

I figured i better post here for others .

First this thing seems to be called a INTRO

when you are in the game editor , just under the "clear" button , you will see a differant looking button , slightly ressed looking, it might say "mission" click that and set to "intro" . now from what I have experianced you have to recreate the mission because you wont be able to load or merge . place your units and triggers for camera views, or i guess if you are more advanced use scripts. but i am not there yet, so just placed triggers for the cameras. preview, make any adjustments to your movie , then save as a "user mission" . copy that mission.sqm to the folder you created in the addons for your intro .  rerun OFP run your island in editor exit it, and your INtro should be working .

Thanks again to all the Help here at OFPEC and other OFP sites all over the net . and to BIS for the greatest game on the planet .

PS I toke the easy route and just left my Player unit as a Humvee with no waypoints.