Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: texturing from 3ds??  (Read 1007 times)

killiame

texturing from 3ds??
« on: 02 Dec 2002, 16:14:08 »
hi every one, i made a tie fighter for opfp, some good textures and a lot of work, but i gat a probleme, i made my model and texured him with max, then import him in O2, with the buldozer viewer i can see the textures wase corect, but in game the model have no texture!!
why?
i made a copy of any tex in my pbo, copy and past of the textures made buy o2 when it convert max texture in pac format!!

ps: my understanding in o2 is so poor, so i opened murdoc ufo p3d then modify him and replace by my model, i know it's not the good way but, it's just o see how my model look in opf.

thanks for reply

earl_laamanen

Re:texturing from 3ds??
« Reply #1 on: 03 Dec 2002, 08:18:04 »
I just had the same problem.  Here's what I did:

In buldozer foler, I made my own folder, "SR47".

O2_viewer\sr47\

In there I put the 3DS from 3D studio with the following settings:
- All object parts attached into single object named "sr47"
- All materials renamed to match texture name (for example, sr47.tga and sroptics.tga were used, so the materials with those image maps are called sr47 and sroptics)

I also put the 2 TGA textures there.

Then I open O2 and import 3DS.  At the bottom of the import window, there are some options, I leave the 2nd one alone, but for the first one, I add my folder ("sr47\")

After you import, even if your model shows the texture, you can test if the texture path is correct by selecting your weapon and hitting E for face properties.

Every face will show what texture is mapped to it, and it should say "yourfolder\yourtexture.pac"

SFG

Re:texturing from 3ds??
« Reply #2 on: 07 Dec 2002, 05:40:00 »
I'll probably make a tutorial on this :)