Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Sound Mod Specifics  (Read 912 times)

advocatexxx

Sound Mod Specifics
« on: 01 Dec 2002, 20:11:10 »
Greetings.

I am just about finished with my Sound Mod, although I have a slight problem.  I wish to release it to the public, but since I have updated sounds in the Sound.pbo and many default addons (humr.pbo, M2A2.pbo... O.pbo... etc.) I run into this dillemma.

For example, I have updated maybe 5 sounds in the O.pbo file, yet the file is almost 200MB in size, and I find it ridiculous to offer the entire file for download if I have only updated 5 sounds in it which are maybe 300KB in size total.

So my question is... Is there a way I can put all of the sounds I have changed in those various .PBOs and put them in one single PBO that the user would put in his ADDON folder?  In that PBO I would include some sort of a text or script file that would tell Flashpoint that anytime those files in those particular PBOs are accessed, they should infact be forwarded here and use the files in this soundmod PBO.

I basically don't want to offer Sound.pbo, O.pbo and other default addon PBOs for download if I have only changed the sounds in them, nothing else.  How can I offer a single file for download that will still replace those sounds?

In addition, Is there a way of doing this while still allowing the player multiplayer capability?

Many thanks guys.