Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: grrrr !  (Read 1452 times)

Pigeons

grrrr !
« on: 28 Nov 2002, 04:56:01 »
Hey guys.. i have a really REALLY annoying problem

I've got my island to show up in game, and all that fun stuff, but when i go back to wilbur to edit rivers\lakes i want done, it DELETES all my water, and makes the whole .ter file one big landscape around my island

I read in a different post that i should save it as a .mat file, but when i do that, it saves it as a .ter file anyways.. it makes no sense whatsoever

any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated, im on the verge of pulling all my hair out

Leone

Re:grrrr !
« Reply #1 on: 28 Nov 2002, 05:09:16 »
I don't know what is causing this, but do the rest of your terrain editing in WRPEdit  ;) Might save you some grief..

Pigeons

« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov 2002, 05:58:10 »
You can actually carve in WRPEdit???

Add rivers and stuff?

I'm not too experienced with it..

Faculty

« Reply #3 on: 28 Nov 2002, 11:20:58 »
you can do it in wrp.edit but u wont get as smooth river banks as u would with wilbur si just a bit more greif for a smoother look on the river dude's

Pigeons

« Reply #4 on: 28 Nov 2002, 11:23:56 »
How though?

I dont understand what tools to use..

pertti49

« Reply #5 on: 28 Nov 2002, 12:11:30 »
Its a waste of time to use Wilburn i have made Normandy and Midway without it and the result is good and its much more faster to do all leveling with wrp ;)
greetings:pertti49

Leone

« Reply #6 on: 28 Nov 2002, 12:51:42 »
I only use Wilber to make the coast, as I base all my maps from DEMs. Wilber would smooth out all that real-world detail...and be a waste of time. I use WRPEdit to "fine tune" the map.  ;D

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #7 on: 28 Nov 2002, 21:27:51 »
WrpEdit has all the tools you need, find a good tutorial, look in the Tutorials section here on OFPEC.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.