Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Custom Textures - Any Tips?  (Read 1111 times)

Black Magic

Custom Textures - Any Tips?
« on: 24 Nov 2002, 13:04:30 »
Okay. First take a look at bodgy first attempt at retexturing something which I've attached. It's "supposed" so be a Waffen SS General from WWII. Supposedly. Now I wanted these guys for my WWII mission and well I've noticed all people ever do is request addons and to save addon makers an added request I figured I'd give it a shot for myself. No harm in trying right? ::)

Anyways I'm not claiming to be the world's greatest (just yet) - after all it's my first attempt. Now note it's not complete and I'm still working on it which is why it doesn't look right at the moment and of course while just using pictures and sticking them on was tempting I've opted to make my own textures just for personal satisfaction (but based on this image here. Some things I can work around but I still think the guy looks kind of crap in comparrison to what most of you vets put out and I want to make a full group of these guys. :o

Thus I have come here to get some tips on texturing. Can anyone help me make my soldier look at the least, half decent? I mean i'm not really happy with the black but the original texture i had turns green when I test it in the game. Little things like these are bugging me, and well overall the suit looks like a black jump suit which is attached from head to toe. Can you give me some tips and advice on problems such as this and any other that I have already or may encounter? :'(

Thanks very much - appreciate any help! Black Mag out. ;D

Black Magic

Re:Custom Textures - Any Tips?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2002, 13:08:32 »
Hrm. Apologies about the poor quality on that picture I attached. Dàmn 50kb limit meant I had to reduce it's quality. Anyways. This is what the chest texture looks like. Any tips?