Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Midway island  (Read 5195 times)

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
Re:Midway island
« Reply #15 on: 22 Nov 2002, 15:45:14 »
Ya'r working fast and your work is freakin' awesome Pertti! :o Can't wait to get this one. :) Cheers!

Hawk

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #16 on: 22 Nov 2002, 20:24:48 »
Hawk, it's not that difficult to work fast on a small island ;)
BUT, that work is goooooooooooooooooooooood :o :o :o ;D ;D :D
Great Pertti, can't wait for this island :-* it's small, but nnnnniiiiiiiiiccccccccceeeeeee :)

Garcia

pertti49

« Reply #17 on: 22 Nov 2002, 23:24:58 »
Tx :D i agree with Hawkins its not time taking to do small island but when u are making textures on it and find all angles that fit to another and add those 100000000 palm trees on it one by one that takes time ;) but as i said this is side project waiting Lawrie gets his pacific pack ready(90%) for now on, then whe can kick those Japs back to Tokio ;D ps:i whoud need somebody to make woodbridge like in Battlefield 1942 witch connect the smaller and main island?
greetings:pertti49

pertti49

« Reply #18 on: 23 Nov 2002, 11:58:36 »
Hi! i have problem, i tryed to use pier making it in 3 lines to make bridge, 1)but seems that AI whount drive tanks over it,2)if i put tank ready on it it will be sinked inside the pier,3)middle part of it what is whole on wather ill remove the fit to ground and give the same y value 0,72 as the both ends to get the middlepart as same level as the both ends of the bridge, but when i imported it ingame the middlepart was missing? >:(seems that its easier if somebody could do that Woodbridge as it be a one object and making it like seb objects that u can actually see it in wrp editor, its too difficult to quess is the bridge in right hight and right x an z value

Offline Garcia

• Members
« Reply #19 on: 23 Nov 2002, 14:12:09 »
hmm, try set the hight of the groun to 0 were u have to bridge, on my island, the bridge get's fucked up if i don't got it on 0, cause for some reason the bridge follows the ground, even if i don't got fit to ground on :-\

Garcia

(and it would be realy cool woth a wooden bridge, but i don't know how to make anything else than islands and missions in ofp :-[)

pertti49

« Reply #20 on: 24 Nov 2002, 11:23:29 »
I have same proböem, cant make objects, only maps and missions= )

t_style

« Reply #21 on: 25 Nov 2002, 15:01:15 »
Great work dude! Keep up the good work pertsa ;)

pertti49

« Reply #22 on: 25 Nov 2002, 16:39:07 »
I have now problem solved i managed to get the piers in same level but need somebody to write my cpp file that the AI can use it too ;)so if u know how to make the file contact me personal message and ill post u my cpp file and u can do the changes or tell me how to do it?

pertti49

« Reply #23 on: 25 Nov 2002, 20:35:03 »
Here is latest terrain pic of my work so far ;)

Raiden

« Reply #24 on: 26 Nov 2002, 00:39:51 »
pertti do have another life uther than ofp, lol but SWEET map, do you have a release date in mind?? ;D

pertti49

« Reply #25 on: 26 Nov 2002, 07:28:29 »
Lol maybe i sell my house and buy nice little cottage from Midway :D hard to say besauce u know ill do Normandy and Wake island too, little busy ;D but there is no hurry pesauce it takes some time that the Lawrie gets his pacific pack done, so before that there is no use for the island :P and need that cpp script for the bridge or Ai jumped to the wather and drown ???

Offline Garcia

• Members
« Reply #26 on: 26 Nov 2002, 17:06:56 »
hmm, I've seen better..........well, oki, I haven't ;D ;D ;)
Who made those objects?

Garcia

pertti49

« Reply #27 on: 26 Nov 2002, 19:09:34 »
tx ;) objects are Seb`s nam pack, thanks to him great addons :) i salute him! but seems that new nam packs obj folders files are hidden so to get my map working u have to have older Seb nam obj.pbo i will add it to file for the download. Marcel said he will host my maps ;)

Offline Garcia

• Members
« Reply #28 on: 26 Nov 2002, 19:28:21 »
oki, well, maybe i'll check it out if i'm gonna make a jungel island sometimes  ;)
btw, GET THAT ISLAND DONE!!!! ::) jk :-*

Garcia

Offline Garcia

• Members
« Reply #29 on: 01 Dec 2002, 22:22:51 »
hmm, pertti, i dunno if it will work, but have u set the flags to roadway were u have the bridge, if u haven't, the bridge won't work with AI i think

Garcia