Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Urban island (w/ screenies) in production  (Read 4485 times)

McDoom

Re:Urban island (w/ screenies) in production
« Reply #30 on: 04 Dec 2002, 23:08:49 »
Any updates? I can't wait to see this island, mabey for some landing areas, just make a park or sports feild and we can just place an invisible H , ai shouldint have trouble in that case, i mean it wouldint have to be a big park.

That's a good idea.  i think for now i'll make a few parks of various sizes. I know somebody made some playing field texture addons somewhere, so that would be a good way to land a chopper, but i'm hesitant to use unofficial addons as i don't know how to account for them.  i still haven't researched how to "config" the island so i'm working on "intro.wrp" and i know that adding custom textures, addons, etc. may require me to learn that stuff eventually.  I'll put in a civilian airport and some other stuff soon, but that's giving me texture problems (flat as a boar land but my "runway" textures are all crooked and goofy and i can't figure out why?)

If anybody can think of anything else that can be implemented in the game that a big old city would have, let me know, and I'll try to put together a few parks and open areas wherever they seem to fit. If I can figure out how to implement it, i'll get to work on a "sports arena" or something like that.
« Last Edit: 04 Dec 2002, 23:12:43 by McDoom »

ntstlkr

« Reply #31 on: 06 Dec 2002, 04:41:20 »
Good going,
I like the Massed urban area look but agree that it doesn't quite match the Mog. That would require special addons to be developed. But I tell you right now that its a pretty good start for a section of Stalingrad! Maybe add some winterized textures and there you go, WWII urban assault or some post-apocolyptic battle field set in central europe. Either way good stuff!

NSDQ!

Leone

« Reply #32 on: 06 Dec 2002, 05:02:53 »
I think the best way to think about what would be in a city is to imagine what the people in it do. Where do they work, sleep, eat, shop, go for entertainment...etc? A city is ultimately people...not buildings...so if you start to think of it that way...you'll work out all sorts of neat things to put in your island.

Keep up the good work!  :)

unkie

« Reply #33 on: 08 Apr 2003, 13:22:26 »
whats happened to this island? it was looking great...

CODY2622

« Reply #34 on: 23 Apr 2003, 22:04:26 »
Yeah. What happened to this island.