Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Night Vision to day vision?  (Read 1858 times)

Ash

Night Vision to day vision?
« on: 15 Nov 2002, 02:06:51 »
Is it possible for a sight on a weapon to switch between NV and day vision?

Many thanks to anyone who knows the answer..

Baphomet

Re:Night Vision to day vision?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Nov 2002, 04:51:03 »
I really don't think I'm qualified to respond to this. However I believe I've heard of people trying this before and saying that it wasn't possible. Perhaps with a script? I'm not sure personally. If so that would be great. Then Kegetys' rpg7 could be updated to feature an image intensifying sight for night use, just like the real one.

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2004, 04:26:19 »
I know that I am probably reviving a very old and very dead topic but who cares ?  I am currently trawling through every post in this forum for help on minimum requirements of a config file and found this.  :P

Re: Multiple optics for same weapon.  Would it work if you made two fire modes, both nearly identical except for differing entries for modelOptics and optics characteristics ?  So for example I might have fire modes "SingleIR" and "SingleVisual", which differ only in the optics that they use.

Is this possible ?  I am a complete newby in the configs area and the few addons that I have dePBO'd all define the optics in the Weapon area and not the class area, but from what I can tell each lower level can modify the effects of any upper area.  Is that the case here ?

If it is - then it'd be neat to be able to switch between IR, II, visual etc on the one weapon !  ;D

Roni out

Nulear_Man

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2004, 05:59:09 »
Ya it seems Possable
But you'll Need 2 sights
But if you Got them then Go for it

Captain Courageous

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jul 2004, 18:19:13 »
If you can get you hands on the OFP NV goggles script, then all you have to do is put the weapon optics as a mask (layer) over it. You may need an experienced config writer!  :(

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #5 on: 28 Jul 2004, 23:45:40 »
You may need an experienced config writer!

Reporting for duty !  ;D

Okay, so I'm not that experienced but I'm starting to learn my way around a class structure.

This project has been assigned work number 319,276.  Please refer to this nuber in all future correspondence.   :D

Roni

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #6 on: 03 Aug 2004, 11:49:54 »
So where it the NVG script? is it built in to the ofp exe?
:(

- Ben

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #7 on: 03 Aug 2004, 15:59:23 »
Once again sticking my neck out . . .   :beat:

From what I can tell the various optics are all defined classes in the master config.  All you have to do is copy the necessary optics entries to your weapon.

For example (rustles up a copy of the master config), the optics for the NVGoggles are apparently -

opticsZoomMin=1.0;
opticsZoomMax=1.0;

modelOptics="optika_night";

The optics for (say) the Dragunov are -

opticsZoomMin=0.04;
opticsZoomMax=0.04;

modelOptics = "optika_snpiere";

There are some other enties under SniperRiffle which may be relevant here (such as "optics" and "opticsflare") but I'd have to do some research to determine which ones are necessary for the prposed addon.

From what I can tell, if you want to have multiple optics on the same weapon all you'd have to do is define two Magazine types of nearly the same type for your weapon - say IR and Visual.  In the config for these magazine types you'd put the above optics entries in.  Of course you would make sure that they both had the same Min and Max zoom, say 0.1 or something like that.

As I said - I'd be really keen to try to make something like this up.  I'm very busy with other projects and real life (rats !) at the moment but I WILL try soemthing later this month.

If anyone else wanted to tackle this in the meanwhile then please be my guest !   :D

Cheers

Roni

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #8 on: 03 Aug 2004, 21:20:18 »
The optica_night thing..
If you open it in O2 (Well ODOL exporer)
What is in it?
If you set up the CPP with the same ammo, like single shot, and burst (Just an eg.)
It should be fine :)

- Ben

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #9 on: 04 Aug 2004, 02:14:06 »
optika_night.p3d is the optics for the NVG's.

i.e.   A large semi-transparent rectangle (the fuzziness of the NVG's).......overlaid with the black oval surround.

In all.......1 resolution lod with 5 faces comprising 13 vertices and 2 textures.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.