Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: men that explode  (Read 1573 times)

JFK

men that explode
« on: 14 Nov 2002, 22:17:32 »
hey its me again

and i have brought another question

is it possble to make a persona explode when u shoot him, not just fall over and undramatically die,

so it can simulate a grenade or LAw being hit

??????

SFG

Re:men that explode
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2002, 23:09:25 »
Only way i could see possible is with a new RTM(animation).

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #2 on: 15 Nov 2002, 11:23:22 »
ooh ya,, the Custom RTM,,, my LOVELY TOOL the animation editor.  When would it come out.... I hope soon.  I won't make complicating animations but definitely will make peeking out animations so you could check corners without fully exposing the body.  I'll make an animation so the helmet will fly off when shot at the head................... well, imaginations are good to I guess.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2002, 11:35:06 »
ooh ya,, the Custom RTM,,, my LOVELY TOOL the animation editor.  When would it come out.... I hope soon.  I won't make complicating animations but definitely will make peeking out animations so you could check corners without fully exposing the body.  I'll make an animation so the helmet will fly off when shot at the head................... well, imaginations are good to I guess.

JFK

« Reply #4 on: 15 Nov 2002, 19:40:49 »
do u really need to edit an animation just to make an explosion when i guy is hit, just small one, like a choppers bullets or sumthing, the guy can fall over in the same way.

this is knida confusing:

1:shoot the guy:gunman:
2:bullets hit him, and aswell as little blood spurts, an explosion is created.
3:the man fallsover dead as normal
can it be done??

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #5 on: 16 Nov 2002, 02:04:37 »
It has been done, I DL'd a great SP mission a long time ago, where you lead a sizeable black-op force against a terrorist stronghold, following a parachute drop onto the desert island. The exploding man thing wasn't a major part of the scenario, but did happen from time-to-time. It was supposed to be a suicide-bomber thing, and they would detonate when shot. I believe it was script. Thats the best place to ask, as I don't have the mission on my system anymore.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #6 on: 16 Nov 2002, 15:29:25 »
ahmm,,, guyz,,, what he is talking about is guyz exploding literally....... when shot with a law or any explosive ammunition, the guyz head, arms, legs, and different parts of the body "DISMEMBERS".  Got it?  Scripting is just too much of works for an addon maker like me...... I tend to do everything in the .cpp (what could be done.)

JFK

« Reply #7 on: 16 Nov 2002, 15:59:28 »
actually i am just talking about an explosion which happens when the guy is hit, no dismembers, at least its not neccessary.........yet

i dunno, ill go look, im hoping to do it just in the cpp rather than have a script for it

ill have a look around, if anyone actually understands what im trying to talk about, say sumthing!!#

think of the flamethrower in RENAGADE, he blows up when he is shot but he doesnt fly anywhere

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #8 on: 16 Nov 2002, 18:20:11 »
Yeah, I understood you, and the answer I posted above is the only thing I can think of that has what you are looking for.

dreaming_adam

« Reply #9 on: 20 Nov 2002, 05:35:29 »
Rather simply actually. It is a script, and it works well.

Put the following into a file called "boom.sqs"
Code: [Select]
_kam = _this select 0
@(getdammage _kam > 0): _bang = "Grenade" camcreate (getpos _kam)

Then in any unit you want to explode when shot, put this in the INIT field (found in the mission editor when placing or adding a unit)

[this] exec "boom.sqs"

viola.. instant boom dude. He will explode when he takes on any damage.

BTW, for dismemberments, get some OXYGEN modeler to make different objects (i.e two arms, two legs, bowels, head) and using the above script, deletevehicle the original body, and camcreate + setvelocity all the body parts... instant dismemberments :-D