Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Does any modellers actually look at these forums?  (Read 1668 times)

JerryK_387

Does any modellers actually look at these forums?
« on: 08 Nov 2002, 01:36:45 »
Geeze I've posted like 10 ideas and none of them have ever been made. I don't see anybody else's ideas ever being made either... Just wondering why. I can't model other wise I would  ;). I wish I could model... But anyways yes... just thought it was kind of strange that my ideas like Lear Jets, Real beds, furniture, and stuff like that has never been attempted.  :-\

Marsuitor

Re:Does any modellers actually look at these forums?
« Reply #1 on: 08 Nov 2002, 03:28:55 »
Why not learn to model then? There are loads of tutorials around...

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #2 on: 08 Nov 2002, 12:57:05 »
Modeling is really not that hard, it just takes a long time to do it well...

Now you say you've posted 10 "great ideas" and that loads of other people have posted greeat ideas too... well it works like this:

We as addon makers, make what we want to make, not because we don't like your ideas, but that we're doing the hard work so we want to see something ingame that we like, and will use, not something that we spend hours making, and then never use ourselves (were not getting paid, so there has to be a perk in their somewhere)

Prior to the release of O2 i had never even looked at a 3d modeling tool...

I was in the same boat as you, posting request after request for this and that - and especially one thing: an MH-60 with the M134 minigun, now, a few months later, i am working with one of the biggest and most respected addons teams there is (no prizes for guessing who - BAS...) and I am making that addon...

So go and download O2, and see what you can do - to get some of your ideas made into realities (btw, sorry for the cheap O2 pun - any brits will understand me :p)

and another btw, modeling with O2 really isnt that hard... there are a lot of high quality tutorials out there, so go on - learn to do it :D

Eviscerator

« Reply #3 on: 08 Nov 2002, 21:05:49 »
yes we look, then realise that some things tend to be more important than beds or non military aircraft, this is after all a forum for editing a military simulation, it may be nice to one day say "I want a tank" and the next to go "i want a television" and then do it sixty more times on seperate days and the modeller is still working on the tank :) so yes, they may never have been attempted, but mainly because there arent enough modellers to attempt every single idea :)

JerryK_387

« Reply #4 on: 09 Nov 2002, 19:43:34 »
do any of the required components for modeling human textures cost money? cuz i have none  :-\ :D

Kaliyuga

« Reply #5 on: 10 Nov 2002, 20:23:49 »
modeling human textures

Umm.... models and textures are two seperate things altogether there M8 ;D

And do to textures, all you need is a de-pbo tool, Texview, and some sort of decent photo editing/graphics program.... (I use photodraw myself)....  you will need to write a new config.cpp once your textures are done to get it working in-game with no conflicts ;)

There are also some 3D modelling programs out there that have demo verisons, or else some are freeware or shareware.
O2 of course can be downloaded free as well ;D

Eviscerator

« Reply #6 on: 10 Nov 2002, 20:37:01 »
do any of the required components for modeling human textures cost money? cuz i have none

well i think all you would need is a digital camera, some kind of texture making/editing program, and a whole lot of skin :)

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #7 on: 12 Nov 2002, 06:05:18 »
I know 3D Cafe has Human Anatomy Models for Download (Don't ask, I didn't Look  ;) ) you could use them.

FW200

« Reply #8 on: 12 Nov 2002, 09:29:05 »
A month ago all i could do was a little bit of P3d editing..
But then i got O2 and learned Colonel Klink's tut (Thank You!!!)
And now i can quickly build planes within 20 min... now i only need to learn how to make textures  :P

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #9 on: 12 Nov 2002, 17:21:27 »
Guys, this is one of them post that make me put a smile in my face and think "yes I can!!", I'm going to learn a few things that I been trying to get to know for a while, like texturing, I downloaded all the stuff time ago, I followed tutorials and allways got stoked somewhere, I got stoked becouse the programs I downloaded was giving me problems of some sort, I finally get read of a problem by something new I learn from the forums and then I come across something ellse :-\ My last problem was with Textview, I know I got the right filles in the right place and I'm doing the right thing, but even after Textview say that is ready nothing happaned, I even wayted a good while but nothing, so I thought "hell with it" >:( but then I kip on thinking that if I have a problem like that... how about downloading Text View again and retrying all over again :-\ right , yes, so when one of the guys in the forums wanna go ahead with me on doing a brand new mod I made my mind up but then disaster ocurres, my PC hard drive gets whyped out and I have to reinstall windows, I losed everything I didn't saved jet  and I have to start from cero point cero :'( such a sad story, is it? but that is making me start with a extreamly clean hard drive that is not going to give me any problems, so as soon I get a first texture addon done I'll get free lager for everyone, JIHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! 8) ;D
We all learn one way or another, so download the tools from OFPEC, get the tutorials and follow them, any questions just post them in the forums and you'll become an addon maker 8)
 Then when you are extremally good on it... will you do a telly for me? ;D ;D ;D
 Later all.
@CERO
SCREWBY!!!