Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: how to create addons  (Read 3011 times)

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
how to create addons
« on: 15 Dec 2010, 02:53:18 »
hello

I would like to learn how to create addons. I watched the tutorials, follow the instructions, but I stay on the putting on the texture and the O2 does not load. I would like to tell me where I can download the O2. I would also like to know how to use the bulldozer and serving.

Try to download the O2 and the bulldozer from OFPEC but does not load and gives me Error
My OFP stuff
FMF Project by Aldo15. Coming soon.
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Walter_E_Kurtz

Re: how to create addons
« Reply #1 on: 16 Dec 2010, 00:09:20 »
First, make sure you have the correct version of Oxygen (O2) for OFP. You ought to get:

The "Getting Started" tutorial by BrsSeb deals with setting up Oxygen and Buldozer.

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #2 on: 18 Dec 2010, 17:04:30 »

i downloaded the O2, the bulldozer and tutorials, but there is a problem.
How to use the bulldozer? I try to open but gives error.

Code: [Select]
No Glide3x.dll present-Cannot run Glide version
Cannot create 3D device:
Adapter -1 () fullscreen
Resolution 800x600, format X8R8G8B8/D16, Refresh 0 Hz.
Error D3DERR_INVALIDCALL
My OFP stuff
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Walter_E_Kurtz

« Reply #3 on: 19 Dec 2010, 17:30:29 »
From the BrsSeb 'Start' Tutorial:

If you got trouble...

To avoid some common 3d display settings errors for Buldozer, it can be helpful to use the same 3d settings for the viewer as you use for the game. That way you will kill off most of the way-too-common "3dglide.dll driver error"-stuff. Do this:

• Go to your operation flashpoint folder and find the file "flashpoint.cfg". Copy this file (Ctrl+C).
  • Go to your C:\ofpedit directory (or Z:\ for that sake, same dir remember?) and replace the configfile already there with your own (Cltr+V and "yes" to overwrite).

This should help if you have 3d problems with Buldozer.

NOTE: Do NOT overwrite the default flashpoint.cfg where Buldozer is installed if you are NOT experiencing problems. I have had reports of Buldozer not working when doing this, and where the default settings were better. If you want to try this, always backup your original Buldozer cfg file.

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #4 on: 19 Dec 2010, 18:46:11 »
I served the bulldozer ...

but I have another question. How to use the bulldozer?, open it and I see the shape of the sea, and do not know how to send files there to view the P3D.

Ahh! and another thing, I try to open the other addons that are already made and I get this:
Unable to load file. Load Error
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2010, 18:49:31 by Aldo15 »
My OFP stuff

Walter_E_Kurtz

« Reply #5 on: 19 Dec 2010, 19:04:51 »
You should not need to run Buldozer on its own. Oxygen (O2) is used to edit models and Buldozer (Oxygen Viewer) shows how they look in 3D. Open the file in Oxygen and you should be able to Alt-Tab to preview it in Buldozer.

Addon makers, when they wish to optimise their addon, convert the models into ODOL format. However, Oxygen is only capable of working with models in MLOD format. You can use Pbo Explorer to peek inside addons and see what format the models are in. You should still respect the creator's Intellectual Property, though.

I don't know what type of addon you are thinking of creating; weapons are probably easiest. Several people have released 'Open Source' soldier models for anyone to modify, eg. BAS Infantry Kit or WW4 Modder Resources by Sanctuary.
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2010, 00:54:31 by Walter_E_Kurtz »

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #6 on: 19 Dec 2010, 20:53:34 »
Install the O2 and the bulldozer now if I work, but now there is another problem. I'm trying to follow the instructions in the tutorial BRsSeb, the first lesson is how to create a box. At first everything goes perfectly, but when I try to load the textures at the box tells me this.

No textured Loaded. I do not understand why not load, well I am following the step how to create the box. If you know What is my probrem, or that mistake I'm making?, please tell me.

~ Aldo
My OFP stuff

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #7 on: 20 Dec 2010, 00:05:40 »
It could be so many things.

If we were sitting with you, at your computer, watching you try each step, we might be able to help you. But we are here, at home, and you are there, in your home, and we cannot see you try each step.

So to help you, we need to know exactly what steps you are trying, 1, 2, 3. Then maybe we can say "hey, you missed step 1.5 - try this"...  ::)

Your English is good. We can understand you pretty good. But you need to explain more what you are trying so we can help you better, aye? :good:

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #8 on: 20 Dec 2010, 02:05:15 »
Hi Bedges :D

I'm starting to create addons, since I do not know to create. I downloaded the
tutorial "BrsSeb". What to me is hard to do is to place the
textures addon. I try and try but the textures do not load in the
addon. Lesson 3 is the creation of the sniper rifle, and for that
must first load the texture in the O2. That is the part that I have
hard. :dunno:

Hope you understand what I'm talking about.

~ Aldo
My OFP stuff

Walter_E_Kurtz

« Reply #9 on: 20 Dec 2010, 03:08:17 »
The texture:
   - what format is it in? paa/pac, tga, jpg ...
   - what are its dimensions? 512 x 256 ...
   - where is it located relative to Oxygen?

How are you trying to load it?
   According to the tutorial, you should right-click and then select 'Load Texture' from the menu. This should bring up a Windows Explorer-style box for you to browse and locate the texture with.

There is a whole section dedicated to trouble-shooting in Oxygen over at the Bohemia Interactive forums.
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2010, 03:10:57 by Walter_E_Kurtz »

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #10 on: 20 Dec 2010, 03:50:57 »
Brings the textures incorporated BrsSeb tutorial, I open the Textiew 2 and the dimensions are:

-->256x256-Red_Door.Pac
-->512x256-Red_Side.Pac

When loading the textures should appear at the top of the O2 izqueirda
Preview 3D texture: crate \ red_door. pac and when I try to load it tells me this
Preview 3D texture: [null]
My OFP stuff