Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Intro not working???  (Read 777 times)

Hunted

Intro not working???
« on: 11 Nov 2002, 21:05:13 »
Hi all,

I have made an intro (works fine) and when I exported it to MPlayer...nothing showed.

I have no clue on why it is not working.

Here is the 'Intro.sqs'

Code: [Select]
0 setfog 0.9
PlayMusic "Track16"
_cam = "camera" camcreate [0,0,0]
_cam cameraeffect ["internal", "back"]
_cam camsettarget Fish
_cam camsetrelpos [1,4,2]
_cam camcommit 0
titlecut ["Reporting in as per your orders sir","BLACK IN",5]
~6
_cam camsettarget o
_cam camcommit 2
~2
titlecut ["I need your team to disable our OH-58, 82nd boys will divert their attention from the north training camp","PLAIN DOWN",9]
13 fadeMusic 0
~11
_cam camsettarget Fish
_cam camcommit 1
~1
titlecut ["Yes, sir...","PLAIN DOWN",3]
titlecut ["Who dares wins                                                            ","BLACK OUT",5]
~5
_cam cameraeffect ["terminate", "back"]
camdestroy _cam
titlecut ["","BLACK IN",0]
end = 1
Exit

any thoughts?

Hunted

p.s. the only files that are in the mission folder are;
Intro.sqs
Mission.sqm

Do i need to have a 'description.ext' to activate this movie?
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2002, 21:07:22 by Hunted »

Gameer_77

Re:Intro not working???
« Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2002, 21:21:28 »
'fraid that intro's don't work in multiplayer games. Either make it happen at the start of the mission, or not at all.

8)PEACE

Hunted

« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2002, 21:24:53 »
Great! all those tut's and nothing to show for lol

Thanks for heads up Gameer_77

Hunted

Gameer_77

« Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2002, 21:54:53 »
Hey, just call me Gameer ;) ;D

8)PEACE

primal

« Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 2002, 01:56:39 »
hey, I feel you, Hunted. my epic intro movie went in the toilet.
 I didn't have the Ben-Hur chariot race, mind you, but it was sweet.
 you need to script the intro inside the actual mission itself, so it will run in real time after the briefing, and the outro the same way.
 if you want your characters to live during the cutscene/intro (and they CAN die during the movie), make sure you put them on a deserted part of the island or in a non-combat zone.
 that will help you out.
I understand what you are going through, believe me. and also, make sure you disable the radio during the intro cutscene or they will talk over it.
 you will need to enable it right before you end the cutscene and exit back to the game.
 I hope that will help you out a bit, I didn't know it either.

Sol Fire

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2003, 00:36:27 »
i think that is a real disapointment about OFP .. you make the mission and intro/outro's work you export(or make it in multiplayer mission editor) and intro/outro's dont work.. but yet when you use the mission editor from within multiplayer you still get intro/outro options!

we need to email codemasters and see if they can bring out a patch that allows intro and outro's in multiplayer otherwise whats the point?

i use mission editor to make missions for me and my freinds to play online with only.. i dont upload them to websites so i expected to make movies when i learned how that would explain what was going on with my mission but unfortunatly my +10 missions dont allow them to play in multi.. other then that everything works fine... my music, respawn and so on but a intro would be a much better and funner way to explain whats going on in the mission.. otherwise i guess im going to end up only being able to send my freinds the singleplayer one to see the movies i had made to see whats going on before we play the mission.. kinda like a Commercial.. come out with the intro a bit before you finish the mission and are ready to play online

sure that might be fun but i still think multiplayer intro /outro's are needed more then a ... BIKE!