Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Project : UK Forces  (Read 58427 times)

gibson

Re:Project : UK Forces
« Reply #105 on: 30 Nov 2002, 12:03:54 »
The Colour of other Arms Berets  Is "Midnight Blue"  i.e Royal Signals/Engineers/Logistics corps etc. The Armoured units have a "Black" Beret, cant remember if thats for Royal Tank Regiment or the Royal Armoured corps.

probably not a lot of help I was only in the army for 18 ! years :-)

Mr_Shady

« Reply #106 on: 30 Nov 2002, 15:02:02 »
The RAC berets are indeed black. My dad was a tankie, and every armoured regiment he encountered had black berets. I only know the basic colours of berets (sandy for the SAS, maroon for paras, green for marines, black for tankies, blue for RAF reg) so I'm not at all sure what colours the puddlejumpers wear. I think the RGJ had a kind of cacky brown colour though, but don't hold me to that.

Offline woofer

• Members
  • Honi Sout Qui Mal Y Pense
« Reply #107 on: 02 Dec 2002, 00:33:36 »
I think the RGJ had a kind of cacky brown colour though, but don't hold me to that.

Nah its a dark green

Bibmi

« Reply #108 on: 04 Dec 2002, 19:26:06 »
UPDATE

Well, the good news is the the beta for the Royal Marines are done and the weapon package is shaping up nicley too...for images check...

http://www1.freewebs.com/bibmi/

Hopefully we'll be posting some more beta images soon so that you can give us any feedback on how the Royal Marines pack could be improved...and then we can start finishing off the Paras and other UK forces addons...

Stu35

« Reply #109 on: 07 Dec 2002, 21:12:17 »
nice one mates, it will be nice to see some british regulars, i mean it seems to me everyone wants The Idiots and Tosspots... errr Paras and Royal Marines (;)), personally i cannae wait to see some regulars and, if i pray hard enough possibly even the hardest, toughest regiment ever to go to iraq wearing kilts and weilding SLRs despite every effort to prevent it.

Anyways, youve heard it before from just about everyone so i wont bother to say i cannae wait - because i can wait, take yer time and get it right ;).

Mr_Shady

« Reply #110 on: 07 Dec 2002, 21:48:35 »
Stu35, I'm pretty sure the KRH don't wear kilts  ;)

Bibmi, how about a progress report?

Coporal_Punishment

« Reply #111 on: 10 Dec 2002, 06:19:43 »
Hey btw will you be making the Royal Ghurkas now they are a fun physico unit ;) ;) :)

Britboy

« Reply #112 on: 10 Dec 2002, 23:40:48 »
I was doing a course a few weeks back at Shornecliffe, where 2nd Batallion Ghurka Rifles are based. They are really crazy. For a start they keep all the bones in the meat. No bones is just too wussy for them.

Was talking to one guy who had just been/was going to (can't remember which) Afghanistan and had been in Bosnia and Kosovo etc talking about how he had bullets flying past his face like it was the most normal thing in the world.

Really hard bastards. Despite their size. Apparnatley we were told of an exercise mix up involving cadets where some cadets accidentally wondered into a Ghurka exercise ground during an exercise, were captured by the Ghurkas on the exercise, and detained for about 5 hours.

Coporal_Punishment

« Reply #113 on: 11 Dec 2002, 04:48:27 »
I herd a stroy where the Argies in the Falklands ran away when they herd the Ghurkas were commin ;) :) :D

Marsuitor

« Reply #114 on: 11 Dec 2002, 09:46:04 »
Yup, after British television had a load pose as they sharpened their kukris. ;) ;D
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2002, 10:15:21 by Marsuitor »

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #115 on: 11 Dec 2002, 23:09:35 »
yay - Bibmi, good to see u back and with a vengence - this has realloy inspired me to go back and finish off my UK forces mission in afghanistan.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Stu35

« Reply #116 on: 12 Dec 2002, 23:50:36 »
The Ghurkhas are hard,
Their legends are scary
Their exploits are hilarious.

We are in hong kong, they get our company and a company of ghurkhas down for medicals, we have to give sperm samples... the nurse gives the bloke in front of me the cup and says "go into that room and fill this", gives him a magazine, he goes off... just over an hour later the nurse tells me to go in and see what he is up to in there...

the boy is in there trying to fill the cup all the way to the top, so imagine if you will this 5'6 Tharu Nepali, on his chinstrap, still tossing himself off trying to fill the cup.

and the bastard had it 3/4 of the way to the top.

in the gulf we proper managed to shit up these set of yank marines - we were exchanging stories (that is, some highlanders and some yank marines), and naturally it gets on to who is the hardest - see now we know that the queens own highlanders are the hardest soldiers in the world as long as people of nepal are excluded, but these yanks wont have any of it, so we decides to prove we are, being the clever lad i am, i get myself 2 bottles of whiskey from our secret stash (the shell bay of a warrior), and i down one bottle in one swig, i manage to hold it down long enough to see the yank take a swig, get part way through the bottle and start chucking his guts out ... which i then promtly do myself,

anyway this lad from the ghurkhas saw the whole thing, comes along and asks if he can have a drink - so i gets a fresh bottle for him,  says "go ahead mate" - he goes and downs it in one swig, then says "does anyone want to play a game of football"     ...  

so we has a game of football (while the yanks look on wondering why we are playing "sawker"), and this lad is running up and down showing off all the top end Ian Rush, Ally Macoist skills in the soberest of ways, and he never left our site.

of course the yanks are going on that its not possible and are badgering him while hes trying to play the game, so he goes over to his kit - picks up his swordy-thingy(as i always called em), and tells em if they dont go away and let us play in peace hell cut their bollocks off,

and all of a sudden you have these oh-look-how-hard-we-are-yank-marines scuttling away and terror (then again, who wouldnt).

since that day i have said again and again it was not possible that any human could do that and survive, not without a stomach pump at least ...
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2002, 00:02:20 by Stu35 »

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #117 on: 13 Dec 2002, 00:20:08 »
I have no Idea why us "Yanks" call American "Football", Football, and real Football Soccer, makes no sence, but that's America for ya  ;)

MadGav

« Reply #118 on: 13 Dec 2002, 01:55:18 »
Punker: straying way OT here...but maybe because "real" football isn't, it's association football. Then there's rugby union football, rugby league football, australian rules football, gaelic football, etc, etc, etc.

Back on topic: a bloke one of my mates used to lodge with was crew with the RAF in the Falklands sometime just after the war, his unit had to walk to barracks from the airfield through Gurkha positions. They were instructed to walk right down the middle of the road and only look straight ahead.

screamingeagle_101

« Reply #119 on: 13 Dec 2002, 16:06:54 »
Hey Bib, are you going to make CQB SAS units? You know the ones dressed in black overalls and gasmasks.