OFPEC The Editing Center > Getting help with BI games

(OFP) Camera.sqs?

(1/1)

Mad Pup:
Hello OFPEC, I downloaded the camera.sqs tutorial for OFP, and it says deep within OFP documents, theres a script called camera.sqs. I looked for it, and can't seem to find it. Would anyone know where it is?

Thanks,

~Mad Pup~  :cool2:

RKurtzDmitriyev:
LOL Mad Pup, you don't need to have camera.sqs in the mission directory. All you need to do to use camera.sqs is put

--- Code: ---this exec "camera.sqs"

--- End code ---

in some unit's initialization.

If you're just curious where that file is stored, I have no clue. Probably in some data PBO or something.

savedbygrace:
Hahahaha. Sorry guy. I was trying to be dramatic there.

* Use a Radio trigger set to repeatedly
* In the Text field insert "Camera" so you know what that radio channel is used for.(just in case you have others)
* In the Onactivation field insert...player exec "camera.sqs" (player can be replaced with whatever unit you want the camera to start from.That's it!
Now if your using the player to execute the code, you can run around inside the mission and activate the radio trigger anytime you want the camera view. When you want to return to player view, just press V.

It's good to use for testing your missions as well but make sure your player is either setcaptive or in a safe place so he doesn't get run over while your soaring above in camera view. Have fun and enjoy the skies!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version