Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: persistant flashbug--help  (Read 1419 times)

beowolff

persistant flashbug--help
« on: 03 Nov 2002, 18:17:01 »
hey guys, know i'm behind the times, but have just made my first model...in oxygen.  did the M16 from the "how to make M16" tutorial that has been released.  it turned out very good and works fine in ofp 1.46-----but for Resistance, it has that flash bug thing.  i've tried adding the cfg model per what I've read on other forums and its still there...  I also tried the bineraze tool....  and its still there....  (not sure if using bineraze correctly due to the somewhat limited instructions included, but it is doing "changing" something in there and creating a folder).....

anyway, i've tried everything I know...and can read about.  i know i'm probably doing something wrong but can't figure it out.  can someone help me...  or at least steer me to the proper place.  i need to lick this problem before i go on to any more projects....since Resistance is where the action is these days.  it has to be something fairly simple...guess i'm just being dumb and missing it.

thanks for your courtesy and understanding.

Beo

beowolff

Re:persistant flashbug--help
« Reply #1 on: 05 Nov 2002, 17:05:55 »
Bump--- ANYONE???

beo

SpclFrcsSnpr

« Reply #2 on: 06 Nov 2002, 01:35:41 »
I just leave the muzzle flash off on the model that way it is user friendly for both 1.46 and 1.75 users!!! ;)

beowolff

« Reply #3 on: 06 Nov 2002, 04:00:06 »
i understand your idea...and I did think of doing that...  only thing is, I really want to do the model the right way if at all possible....you know, finish it as perfect as I can.  evidently there is a fix for the thing and some people have had good luck making it so----only I haven't run across "those" people yet.  :-(

I tried going to Bis forum...no luck there.  I did a search but the few postings were incomplete and too general...not much help to a new comer.  and I tried asking in the forum...a BIG no help there...  since the question had already been asked (and yet incompletely answered) the post was an automatic lockout for replies (due to the nutty forum rules and itchy trigger fingers of moderators that lock every other thread because somewhere, sometime---almost EVERY question of comment has been asked or made and they don't do repeats evidently "even" if the issue has NOT been resolved).  very frustrating to say the least.

i've read on some forums to put a cfg.model statement with the weapons name in the config...  I tried that...no avail.  some said binerize it with Bis's Binerize tool...  i tried that too..no luck.  some said do both---yeah, I even tried that...no good.  yet i have seen some third party models WITHOUT the muzzle flash bug so I know it can be done correctly.  evidently there is a trick to it somehow....  and so far no one has explained it exactly...and I haven't stumbled upon it yet.

sort of a bummer since i spent all that time learning to use Oxygen and how to make a decent model...not to be able to put the finishing touches on them...

anyone finds out anything...I would definately appreciate the help and good word.

Beowolff

Offline trinec

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: 06 Nov 2002, 09:10:08 »
erm to make it work in 1.46 and 1.75 or 1.85  well ya need to add this section to your .cpp above config patches like this

class CfgModels
{

class Default
{
sections[] = {};
sectionsInherit="";
};
class Weapon: Default{};
class M16: Weapon
{
sections[] = {"zasleh"};
};
};

Substitute the M16 for your weapon name without the .p3d make sure its exactly what your model name is. To make them work in both you need to binarize it then use cpp2bin on your config.cpp after you use that on your .cpp file delete your config.cpp file. then pbo up the .p3d file textures sounds .bin file etc  and you can then place the .pbo in the ofp/addons directory and it will then work in both operation flashpoint and resistance walla no muzzle flash make sure you follow the directions for binarize that you you dont use your original directory for the model make sure you copy it over like it says.

Hope this helps  

vader_21vb

« Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2002, 12:02:45 »
List our CPP text beowolff, maybe you didt the same mistake as I.
In:
class CfgModels
{
   class default {};
   class Weapon: default {};
   class MyWeaponModelName: Weapon {};
};

I got it wrong by putting in the CLASS name for the Weapon, and not the ModelName or name of the P3D model file..

Hope you have the same prob, cos when i works great..