OFPEC The Editing Center > Getting help with BI games

How do you set up a configured dedicated server in ArmA2 ???

(1/2) > >>

laggy:
Hi all,

Basic stuff here... embarrassed to ask, but here it goes:

In my own beta testing I want to try MP missions on a dedicated server.
This I can do, but I can't seem to make the config file work.
I searched around, but couldn't find an answer to my problems.

In my ArmA2server.exe shortcut properties:

--- Code: ---"C:\BISgames\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2Server.exe" -config=C:\BISgames\Bohemia Interactive\arma2server.cfg -mod=@Eng102

--- End code ---

In my arma2server.cfg (a .txt document placed in my ArmA2 main directory - the path above):

--- Code: ---passwordAdmin = "whatever"; // password to protect admin access
password= "whatever";
hostname="[Laggy's Beta Dedi]";
motd[]=
{
"You've reached Laggy's Beta Testing Server.",
};
motdInterval=1;
voteThreshold=0.33;
voteMissionPlayers=1;
checkfiles[]={};
kickduplicate=1;
equalModRequired=0;
persistent=1;
aikills="true";
class missions {};
disableVoN=1;
logFile="myLogFile";
battleye=0;
reportingIP="";

--- End code ---

However, this config is not read, the server is called my original PC name, and you don't get a greetings message. You don't need a password to join and I can't log in as administrator at all, never get that option.

What am I doing wrong? I fear that I have created the .cfg in a bad way, writing a .txt document and naming it .cfg. When I look at the properties it is called arma2server.cfg.txt. What kind of file is needed for a server config?

I would like to limit the server so that only I can access it. When you beta test you don't want anyone coming in and screw up the test. Yesterday, when beta testing, I had internet people joining, even though I only saw my server on LAN. I want to be "left alone" when beta testing.

Is there any way to skip the annoying 60 sec wait before the voting part is over?

When I disconnect from the server, the ArmA2 client crashes, but the server stays up. If I shut down the server, the client crashes.

I run the server on the same machine as client (parallel) and my OS is Vista. Read somewhere that only XP should be used for a dedi. Is that true?

Grateful for advice my dear OFPEC friends,

Laggy

i0n0s:

--- Code: ----config=arma2server.cfg
--- End code ---
use relative paths.

laggy:
Thanks,

But I don't understand, what do you mean I have to do?

I tried:

--- Code: ---"C:\BISgames\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2Server.exe" -config=arma2server.cfg -mod=@Eng102
--- End code ---
Still no change.

EDIT:

Now got it to work with name and password, but as soon as I fill in the password, ArmA2 client crashes. The client freezes during the "Wait for host" screen.

--- Code: ---"C:\BISgames\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2Server.exe" -config=arma2server.cfg -mod=@Eng102
--- End code ---

--- Code: ---passwordAdmin = "xyz"; // password to protect admin access
password= "xyz";
hostname="Laggy's Beta Dedi";
motd[]=
{
"Welcome to Laggy's Beta Testing Server.",
};
motdInterval=1;
voteThreshold=0.33;
voteMissionPlayers=1;
checkfiles[]={};
kickduplicate=0;
equalModRequired=0;
persistent=1;
aikills="true";
class missions {};
disableVoN=1;
logFile="";
battleye=0;
reportingIP="";

--- End code ---

Laggy

hoz:
Make sure you are running the same version of server and arma2.exe client.  I know this was crashing me when I joined.

laggy:
Thx,

But it works when non configured as in my first post, when I had screwed up the .cfg file, so it was never read. Both server and client are 1.03 (no beta).

The crash only seems to happen when a .cfg file is read.

Is Vista not working with a dedi, as written on the wiki?

Laggy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version