Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Bloody Days Island!!  (Read 7046 times)

Jakerod

Bloody Days Island!!
« on: 06 Nov 2002, 03:59:46 »
I am working on a new island here is a screenshot i have more done than the screenshot shows. Its called Sector Alpha at the moment and it is for our mod. No release date at the moment.

Waterman

Re:Bloody Days Island!!
« Reply #1 on: 07 Nov 2002, 18:25:04 »
WOW! :o

Looks like very realistic! Like the pavement you used there! I wish I had used Resistance textures now! >:(

Any more pics?

Waterman. 8)

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #2 on: 07 Nov 2002, 19:15:19 »
Nice it looks like mafia city of lost heaven ;)

Jakerod

« Reply #3 on: 07 Nov 2002, 23:05:22 »
Ill try to get some more soon. I am working on a new town right now.

Jakerod

« Reply #4 on: 07 Nov 2002, 23:10:46 »
Waterman that texture i used as the pavement works fine with the old everon  grass (Eden\tn.paa) Least i think it does. The pavement texture is called (O\Beton.pac)

Jakerod

« Reply #5 on: 08 Nov 2002, 00:14:00 »
Hey here is a new screenshot of that town i was working on.

Waterman- Your island looks great... same with your site. I remember your island when it was so tiny.. and now its expanded... A LOT!!

Commando

« Reply #6 on: 08 Nov 2002, 14:49:51 »
Nice looking concrete city. Looks like the city in mafia indeed..
 ;D
You two guys keep up the good job on your islands.
Hope you post some more screenshots when you make more progress  ;)

Waterman

« Reply #7 on: 08 Nov 2002, 18:06:32 »
Thanks Jake (and Commando)! :)
New town looks great! :D
I dunno if I'll be able to fit that pavement thing in.  I'll have a look though...

Thanks again,
Waterman. 8)

Frosty

« Reply #8 on: 09 Nov 2002, 15:08:57 »
Nice Jakerod! We'll still  get 'em yet!

Jakerod

« Reply #9 on: 09 Nov 2002, 23:20:06 »
Here is another pic. The church has to be moved back a bit though cuz it overlaps the street. that is a new town and obviously its not finished yet cuz there is nothing around it pretty much.

Frosty

« Reply #10 on: 10 Nov 2002, 02:40:22 »
Hey Jakerod, the island is looking great. One thing though. Is there going to be big open French/European countrysides? Itd be cool with small farmsteads and forests, giant tank battles and plenty oppurtinity for "Chain of Command" style commanding.

Jakerod

« Reply #11 on: 10 Nov 2002, 03:04:58 »
Yeah it is Frosty. I might make the northern or southern part mountainous but i doubt it. There wont be many hills mainly flat with ditches and road elevations. Plus a river and lake.

Jakerod

« Reply #12 on: 10 Nov 2002, 06:20:41 »
Hey i spent all day on here (NO I DONT HAVE A LIFE AND YES MY EYES HURT). I finished two towns today. I posted a screenshots of the first one before. Here is the second one. (I AM OBSESSED WITH THAT 5-STORY BUILDING. AND THE SCAFFLES)

Waterman

« Reply #13 on: 10 Nov 2002, 15:56:51 »
WOW! :o That's some pretty cool stuff you've done there!
Can't wait for the beta. ;)

Cheers,
Waterman. 8)

P.S. I know how you feel! ::)

Jakerod

« Reply #14 on: 10 Nov 2002, 19:40:41 »
Anyone have any ideas on how to make forest follow the contours cuz its making me mad knowing i cant put them on slopes.

Commando

« Reply #15 on: 11 Nov 2002, 00:43:13 »
Is there a way to make cannals go through the city and little bridges that crosses here and there?

Jakerod

« Reply #16 on: 11 Nov 2002, 00:53:18 »
i dont think there is but that would be cool. There is a way but it would take like days just to get like 50m of canal done.

Waterman

« Reply #17 on: 11 Nov 2002, 01:23:53 »
If you're making a canal, you would have to make some kinda new bridge so that larger boats could get past. :P

Also, if you're talking about Res forests then I can't help you, but if not this is what I do:

1.Use les_ctverec bit.
2.Texture underneath it.
3.Set the flags to forest.

Waterman. 8)

Jakerod

« Reply #18 on: 11 Nov 2002, 03:04:28 »
Here is another pic of one of those towns. It has forest around it now and some trees. THe church is fixed.

Frosty

« Reply #19 on: 11 Nov 2002, 10:09:34 »
Wow! :o The town is pretty cool!~

Jakerod

« Reply #20 on: 12 Nov 2002, 02:40:56 »
Here is another pic of a factory.

Waterman

« Reply #21 on: 12 Nov 2002, 21:15:03 »
Nice Screenshots! :)

Waterman. 8)

Jakerod

« Reply #22 on: 15 Nov 2002, 00:54:29 »
here is another screenshot. It is a picture of a road junction and forest west of the largest of the cities.

Edit- Forgot the pic lol
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2002, 00:56:17 by Jakerod »

PFC_Mike

« Reply #23 on: 15 Nov 2002, 03:56:24 »
Jakerod, please try to make canals. That would be so cool. I would love you forever.

How would one go about making canals? Clearly, new bridges are necessary. Other than that?

Jakerod

« Reply #24 on: 15 Nov 2002, 06:46:10 »
I will try. The only way i can think of is by putting those old concrete docks next to eachother along a river but it would be very hard.

New Picture. Field West of Biggest Town.

PFC_Mike

« Reply #25 on: 16 Nov 2002, 00:57:13 »
What the OFP community needs is people who make great scenery, not just the same old tanks, planes, and freaking CARS!

Someone start an addon team to exclusivley make tents, boxes, crates, and BUILDINGS!

Jakerod

« Reply #26 on: 16 Nov 2002, 01:30:45 »
Here is another pic. It is of a bridge which goes over a creek west of the big city. This part isnt done yet i still need to add more bushes and trees into it.

McDoom

« Reply #27 on: 16 Nov 2002, 18:51:55 »
Waterman that texture i used as the pavement works fine with the old everon  grass (Eden\tn.paa) Least i think it does. The pavement texture is called (O\Beton.pac)

there's also an original concrete-looking texture named bpl.paa that's used in Everon.

really nice looking map btw ;)

Jakerod

« Reply #28 on: 17 Nov 2002, 05:51:20 »
Here is another pic. Just North of the last pic. And west of the big town. Just a big field with a lake on the right with the creek heading south from it.The road leads south to the main road coming off from the big town.

Jakerod

« Reply #29 on: 20 Nov 2002, 23:35:39 »
Hey guys i cant add on to the map anymore really. least not til christmas cuz i cant test stuff in game. I can still add but i dont know how they will look. My comp kinda ran out of HD space and now everytime i open up flash it runs out of memory. i have tried everything to get more space but no success sorry. maybe i post beta soon.

Jakerod

« Reply #30 on: 21 Nov 2002, 03:49:58 »
Hey i got into flashpoint today. Here is an overview of the part i have left. There is more than there appears cuz when i resized it, it cut some stuff off the north and south of the thingy. There is an abandonded air field to the north of the picture and a valley to the south.
The forest looks screwed up but it looks real sweet when you go threw it. If i made it so it was a solid green on the map there would be a pattern visible with the trees and there would be floating trees since the piece with the Square green part doesnt follow the ground contour... By the way the forests in this picture are the new Oak forests from Resistance

The other two towns i have showed:
1. Across the river and south quite a bit.
2. Very far south of the picture

Pic is 49.7 kb (Cut it close on this one)
« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2002, 03:52:32 by Jakerod »

PFC_Mike

« Reply #31 on: 22 Nov 2002, 16:30:00 »
Jakerod are you going to still work on Bloody Days island?

Jakerod

« Reply #32 on: 22 Nov 2002, 22:57:26 »
Yes i will be working on it still.

PFC_Mike

« Reply #33 on: 23 Nov 2002, 08:41:06 »
wahoo!

I look forward to the pre-christams release hint hint

Jakerod

« Reply #34 on: 23 Nov 2002, 17:44:53 »
HAHA i will be releasing a beta version soon but i dont have all that much done and the coast lines i have dont look that great but i will try to improve them.

Jakerod

« Reply #35 on: 02 Dec 2002, 02:41:56 »
I have a question... DO you guys want anything special in this? Other than canals? Any requests?

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #36 on: 02 Dec 2002, 03:26:47 »
If you have the skills tunnels would rock ;)

Commando

« Reply #37 on: 02 Dec 2002, 15:44:16 »
Make pavement in cities and use resistance and regular ofp objects, buildings and it would be really cool if you made a big harbour with containers and so that you can use for black op missions like rainbowsixish or counterstrikish ... ;)

Jakerod

« Reply #38 on: 03 Dec 2002, 04:08:34 »
I will try the harbour one but if it starts to get really laggy im gonna take it out. And about the tunnel if someone is willing to make a tunnel for me i would be more than happy to throw it in there. But until someone can make one for me i cant put one in.

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #39 on: 03 Dec 2002, 04:30:50 »
Keygets has made a tunnel but hasn't released it a while he has made it almost 5 months ago

Jakerod

« Reply #40 on: 03 Dec 2002, 23:22:58 »
I have decided to stop working on this island for now. Does anyone want to finish it up for me? I may start work on it eventually again but after seeing the VBS1 things i kinda feel like this is pointless.

I dont really have enough skill at this either. It looks good but not the way i want it to be.

I will be moving to the world of map editing.
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2002, 23:39:44 by Jakerod »