Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [FILEFRONT - IMPORTANT]Let's save Operation Flashpoitn addons  (Read 3203 times)

Offline Ext3rmin4tor

• Members
As you know several major operation flashpoint addons and modifications are hosted by filefront. Unfortunately this site is gonna close on 30th March for unknown reasons. This is a cause to save all the major OFP addons and mods which will probably get lost forever. If anyone can upload these mods into another hosting site and has suggestion on what mods should be saved is welcome!

I would like to suggesto to save the amazing World War 2 collection pack and Warld War 2 object pack:

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/WW2_Collection_Pack;34894
http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/;34895
http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/WW2_Collection_Pack_Fix;75745

I can't personally upload anything so large because I don't have a high upload rate, if anyone has a good upload connection and knows a reliable hosting site is welcome.
How can you shoot women and children?
Easy! Ya' just don't lead'em so much! Ain't war hell?!!

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
I heard about this myself - major major suckage :(

On the other hand, I think ofp.info still has most, if not all, of the bigger old OFP addons hosted, so OFP as a whole should be pretty "safe" with that in mind - as long as you can manage trawling through all the popups in the ofp.info site  :dry:

OFPEC is sadly not a traditional hosting site à la ArmAHolic/ArmedAssault.info(/OFP.info), so parking a lot of mods here wouldn't really be the appropriate thing to do I think. However feel very free to trawl through filefront and find as many links to addons you fear might be lost otherwise - if nothing else, someone who does have the space and time to download them can do so before the death of filefront, upon which it can be discussed what to do with them.

As mentioned though, I'm pretty confident most old OFP-era addons can be found at ofp.info - besides, I believe most of the really big modders are still active (either doing OFP or ArmA), and their addons are far spread and well-mirrored. But, as mentioned: if there are some gems there that aren't supported or should be saved for some reason, feel free to link to them.

As an aside: sucks so damned much FileFront is going down - now where the heck am I supposed to host all my stuff?  >:(

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
I have a decent connection and some GB left. I'm alreay leeching the three files mentioned.

If you know of other gems that should be saved from the bit bucket drop me a line or post them here.
try { return true; } finally { return false; }

Offline Ext3rmin4tor

• Members

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
now where the heck am I supposed to host all my stuff?

Time was when Artak had the intention to host the best OFP stuff on a sister site called "The Malden Chain". Someone should give him a nudge to see if he still has an interest in that project...

Offline Ext3rmin4tor

• Members
I mentioned these two mods since searching with google only leads to filefront or broken links. Besides the WW2 Collection is the only pack containing all the WW2 addons for OFP which otherwise would be virtually impossible to retreive all together.
« Last Edit: 27 Mar 2009, 19:21:08 by Ext3rmin4tor »

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
Done. What next? :)

Offline Ext3rmin4tor

• Members
I checked the larger one and all of them are hosted elsewhere (all except Y2K3 and WW2 collection). By the way what have you done exactly?

EDIT: There are news. Filefront isn't gonna shut down any more. Read this if you are interested:

http://farewell.filefront.com/
« Last Edit: 02 Apr 2009, 09:37:26 by Ext3rmin4tor »

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
I downloaded the stuff in order to upload it again to another file hoster.

But it looks like this isn't necessary at all since FileFront continues its service.

Offline kju

• Members
    • PvPScene - The ArmA II multiplayer community
Not widely known is Azimut 0 with his forum and
huge collection of "all" OFP missions, addons and mods shared via emule!  :good: