Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: one-shot LAW launcher?  (Read 4053 times)

Offline DaCoroner

• Members
Re:one-shot LAW launcher?
« Reply #15 on: 07 Nov 2002, 18:15:03 »
Does that work if there is LAW ammo available?  I always thought the scope was used merely for inheritance and access from other parts of the .cpp in which case a "private" magazine can still be used by any weapon of that class regardless.  And I think his goal here was to make a one-shot LAW that couldn't be defeated by a mistake by a mission maker (such as adding ammo for the LAW somewhere).

And no, fugitive, this doesn't mean it's more powerful.  The LAW was designed as a cheap anti-armor weapon that could be produced and deployed in large numbers.  It was never intended to serve as a primary anti-armor weapon, more of a "there if you need it" squad level weapon.

Nyles

« Reply #16 on: 07 Nov 2002, 20:37:23 »
Exactly. The LAW is not match for current MBT armour plates or even reinforced armour on older tanks. Sure, a well placed hit can cripple even a M1, but the chances are fairly low. That's why the US addopted the AT4 10-15 years ago to replace the aging LAW weapons. On company level and below, light AT weapons like these two are fielded on occasion. The real AT job is done by larger type of AT weapons like the Dragon (an ATGM that should have been put in the game rather than the ranger-only Carl Gustav. In fact, the Carl Gustav's Config is basically how the Dragon should work. The real steel CG is not guidable, but has the advantage of multi-purpose ammo like smoke, AP, AT, etc..).
Hehe that reminds me, if any modeller checks this here. What about making a nice Dragon model using the sitting down player animation for firing?  ;)

Personally, I have no clue about editing, but I will try what you have posted here. If anyone will give me a hand, I would be very grateful. The idea strikes me as one which should not be left untried at least.. :)

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #17 on: 08 Nov 2002, 05:40:38 »
oh, that is impossible.  Unless you use a script which is too much of work to do.  I've been doing cpp editing for quite a long time and I also had the idea of one shot "ONLY" LAW but I found out to be not possible.  
But I think my Idea was ok?  If a mission maker wants to add an extra LAW shell, it means that he does not want to follow the reality which is ok because I ain't gonna play his missions but for those who seeks reality, that public, private thing is fair to adopt.  
scopeweapon="private"; means the "WEAPON" is not able to be picked up from dead bodies.  I used this on my custom OICW since by the time the US gives its soldiers the OICW, I'm sure they also will include that gun user identification system thing which is still only used by the US LAW enforcement personel for testing (you know that the OICW is an expensive and powerful weapon....)  the scopemagazine="public"; means that the "MAGAZINE" of the weapon is able to be picked up from dead bodies.  scopeweapon="public" means the weapon is able to be picked up from dead bodies.

Now this is the only possible way to make an one shot LAW currently, and for ever,,, unless you change the game engines or what ever internal game files, what ever you call it.