Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Invisible Target is visible on map  (Read 1571 times)

Offline firegraphite

• Members
Invisible Target is visible on map
« on: 16 Apr 2009, 04:37:32 »
Hi All!!

I've got a little question about Lester's Invisible targets. There's this mission I'm setting up and I wanted the AI to fire at a certain vehicle, a bunch of tanks with civs to be exact. So I use Lester's invisible targets. I setpos an armor target for each tank. And it works. The AI rains RPG on the tanks.

Now the thing is, I found that the invisible targets still show up on the map in-game and they are placed over the tanks. So what the player sees on the map are the invisible targets superimposed on the tanks instead of just the tanks.  ???

I was wondering if there was a way to make Lester's targets invisible on the map when in-game so the player don't see them. I did a search in the forums but I couldn't find any mention of this. Could someone help with this? Thanks in advance!!

Cheers all!!  :D

Walter_E_Kurtz

Re: Invisible Target is visible on map
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2009, 14:53:43 »
Play in Veteran mode rather than Cadet. Or maybe try Options ---> Difficulty and disable "Extended Map Info" for Cadet mode.

NB. This will also make the tanks invisible on the map.

Units, vehicles and buildings need to have symbols, so that you know when you've placed them in the mission editor. Certain difficulty settings then hide this information. I don't think you can selectively choose to display only some.

Is it necessary for these guys to be Civilians? If you group them with a high-ranking (ie. Colonel) officer on another side (eg. Resistance) with a Probability of Presence set to Zero, then they will be considered part of that side (ie. Resistance).

Offline firegraphite

• Members
Re: Invisible Target is visible on map
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2009, 15:21:42 »
Yah. I suppose I'll have to leave it at that. They can't join resistance or another side because all sides will be attacking them. LoL. So I guess I'll really have to leave it at that. Its actually no big deal. Just bothers me to see invisible target icons moving along on the map instead of tanks.  :P LoL.
But thanks so much for your help. Much appreciated!

Cheers!!  :D