Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Nuclear Chickens  (Read 2031 times)

Offline eegore

• Members
Nuclear Chickens
« on: 22 Feb 2009, 01:37:34 »

The Operation Farmland Chickens squack can be heard for miles.

I place one of those bad boys in a misson and you can hear "Bak bak bak Baaaak!" over the sound of an M1 Abrams from inside the damn thing while driving.  When soldiers get close to them their ears start bleeding and they either flee or fall to the ground and start saying "Unit 3 injured."

Is there any way to maybe reduce the volume on them without rebuilding them?  I am particularly interested if theres a command you can place in these nuclear chickens Init: that will silence them. 

I never use them in  my missions because of the really loud sounds, anyone hav any ideas?

Thanks a mil.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: Nuclear Chickens
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2009, 07:01:43 »
?

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline eegore

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2009, 19:12:28 »

Ok, ok I was a little frusterated when I wrote that first post.

The Operation Farmland animals pack has chickens and they have a chicken squack sound effect.  The problem is this sound is loud.  Way louder than it needs to be, and can be heard from about the distance you can hear helo rotor blades from.  Except the chicken sound can be heard over the sound of the helo.

When it comes to addons and their respective sound effects, is there a way to remove, or reduce the sound they emit? 

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: 23 Feb 2009, 19:26:21 »
I don't think so, without opening up the addon itself. I'm not sure where and how sound effects for addons are configured, but I'm assuming it's similar to the description.ext method. In other words, somewhere in a config someplace, there'll be an entry for the sound the chickens make -> this sound probably has a dB of far too much, since it's this number that determines how far the sound carries.

So, unless the farmlanders have added some code-switch that can turn off the chickens without resorting to opening the pbo and manually changing it...

Suggestion: script a workaround, where you spawn the chickens only when close enough. Or, since this is OFP, return them to life with a setdamage 0 whenever the player is close enough, and then kill them again ^_^

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline eegore

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 23 Feb 2009, 19:49:51 »

I thought once something was dead (setdammage 1) then doing a setdammage 0 wouldn't work.  As in once its dead, its dead.

Offline Jan

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 23 Feb 2009, 20:00:20 »
i dont get it.......
aaaaa Now i get it.Theres someway to get sound down,Resistance campaign has that thing that sound is going down.i dont realy know how to do it..soz  :dunno:
« Last Edit: 23 Feb 2009, 20:02:58 by Jan »