Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Res stuff in WrpEdit  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
Res stuff in WrpEdit
« on: 09 Nov 2002, 15:16:35 »
Hey ya'll! I just started to edit islands again and I would like to know how to get res stuff into WrpEdit. :) I have readed that the forest sections in Res don't follow slopes, don't seem to be able to find their textures or you can't walk through them? Is this true? Thanks is advance for any help! :)

Hawk

Jakerod

Re:Res stuff in WrpEdit
« Reply #1 on: 09 Nov 2002, 17:21:14 »
THere are some types of forest that you cant walk threw. There are some kinds that dont follow the slopes. Here is an Oak forest that you can walk threw and follow slopes: O\Tree\les_nw_trojuhelnik.p3d

And i think this one is a pine one that follows slopes and you can walk threw O\Tree\les_nw_jehl_trojuhelnik.p3d

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #2 on: 09 Nov 2002, 18:16:09 »
Thanks Jakerod! :) Now I only need to know how to get the stuff from O.pbo. I have tried to add it to my list in WrpEdit but the folder is empty. :o ???

Hawk

Jakerod

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #4 on: 10 Nov 2002, 21:40:40 »
I hope that u found out what to do from the link jakerod posted, but what ever u do, don't put the fixed o.pbo in any other folder than the DTA folder, if u put it in the addons folder, the game won't search for the real o.pbo in the res addon folder, and not load the res objects :-\ ;D

Garcia

Leone

« Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2002, 06:44:01 »
Not true....it will search and find objects in O.pbo, even if you don't have a Cut O.pbo in your addons folder (or wherever).

This is because the pathing you place in WRPEdit will be O.pbo/XXX/XXX, which is the correct path for any resistance object. It doesn't matter if this pathing was obtained using a Cut O.pbo....OFP will know where to look (as it memory maps all PBO's on start up.

It works for me!

Offline Garcia

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 11 Nov 2002, 09:34:45 »
well, it doesn't search there for me :( I've placed it in addons folder 2 times, both times it got fucked up, and both times planck saved my arse ;D
I did it just a week ago, when i started up again with making islands, got realy messed up :-\

Garcia

Leone

« Reply #7 on: 11 Nov 2002, 14:00:33 »
Oh well who knows why it works on one computer and not another.....OFP is a strange beast  :)

Offline Garcia

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 11 Nov 2002, 19:07:50 »
Yeah, btw HAwk, u should download Plancks list over Res objects, there it says what forest parts u can't walk in ;)

Let me see, the site is http://www.res-command.com/internalediting/   ;D

Garcia

MadAussie

« Reply #9 on: 12 Nov 2002, 04:47:29 »
Gday guys...
Leone is right..all you do is use the cut O.pbo in DATA for editing and mapmaking..then remove it as it will search and find the res/addons/o.pbo..
my advice is keep a spare cut o.pbo safe..then as needed delete the one from data.(to recycle bin)..play and then restore the o.pbo to re-edit....the hardest part is cutting the o.pbo..:)
You shouldn't have to touch the addons folders after its cut..
MadAussie out..

Leone

« Reply #10 on: 12 Nov 2002, 06:18:37 »
I just move it to a folder outside of OFP  ::)  ;)