Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Foxholes?  (Read 1739 times)

Offline zwobot

• Members
Foxholes?
« on: 25 Jan 2009, 15:17:32 »
I was playing around with the Invasion 1944 alpha 2.5 release and admired their foxholes once again. So I wanted to know if anyone else has ever done similar working foxholes but I only could find "fake" foxholes which work like normal objects. But the I44 foxholes are a subclass of M2StaticMG which (AI) units can get into as gunner and thereby keep their current main weapon.

I don't think anyone else has done similar foxholes before but if you know something please tell here. In the meantime I try to find out the addon and script dependencies of the I44 foxholes and see if it could be changed to work as a standalone addon which is compatible to any (addon) unit.

Edit: Alright! I have extracted the foxhole addon, the only thing which does not work is the model. Ofp crashes when the I44 foxhole model is used. So I basically have a the model of an M2 machinegun instead of the actual foxhole. Unfotunately I have no clue of Oxygen and could need some help to get the model working.
I attached the raw conversion of the I44 foxhole in a .zip file; the model attributes in the config are commented. The zip contains the pbo file as well as the uncompressed files. You can find the Foxholes under "Empty->Foxholes" in the editor.

Edit: Attachment (Foxhole.zip) lost in crash of 2009 - WEK
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2011, 18:25:55 by Walter_E_Kurtz »
"Executing tactics in real combat is the hardest thing one can ever do...well I've never given birth but..well whatever."

Walter_E_Kurtz

Re: Foxholes?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2009, 04:28:52 »
Edit: Attachment (Foxhole (WEK Edit).zip) lost in crash of 2009 - WEK
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2011, 18:26:25 by Walter_E_Kurtz »

Offline zwobot

• Members
Re: Foxholes?
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2009, 06:48:29 »
Thanks for your help Walter!
All model and config problems seem to be fixed now after I found out that the config entry gunnerAction set to ManActPBRGunner made the gunner appear to be invisible but in fact it only was some meters below the ground. So there probably wasn't even an actual problem with model/proxy, I only had a wrong path to the p3d files in the config.

I'm working on a beta version now...
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2009, 19:56:38 by zwobot »
"Executing tactics in real combat is the hardest thing one can ever do...well I've never given birth but..well whatever."