Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Night vision on Guns  (Read 1429 times)

STGN

Night vision on Guns
« on: 29 Oct 2002, 12:55:53 »
Is it posibel to make a NV sight for a gun so you dont have to youse NV googles if you want to hit in the night time then you coud maby get rid of al that noies the googels have.
STGN

GalComT

Re:Night vision on Guns
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2002, 14:26:23 »
it is possible, all u have to do is find the optik modle of the NV goggles and use it as optik model of your gun, if you want to change the sight, all u have to do is merge the nv sight with the one u want.

Greatings
GalComT

STGN

« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2002, 14:08:31 »
okay but how do I do that
STGN

Jimbo

« Reply #3 on: 03 Nov 2002, 02:26:00 »
merging sights...such a new concept...I'm also wondering as to how you do so?

GalComT

« Reply #4 on: 03 Nov 2002, 17:42:06 »
Open the sight model in O2, which gives you a flat square, than open up the optik model u want to merge it with, than paste it in and move it right in front of it so that its almost one now save it as ur optikmodel and u'll see that it works.

Try it
Greatings GalComT

Nomis

« Reply #5 on: 05 Nov 2002, 14:22:59 »
Or:
You can find the textures used in the P3D optik files and create edited versions of them. Then you can simply use one of the p3d texture tools to add them back onto the optik model. Basically:
Find the Optik files
Open them up in P3Dtex
Find the names of the .paa or .pac files used,
find them (they're in data.pbo i think)
use PSP or something to merge the two together
save the new file
save it into the p3d optik file (either one)
use this optik as your new gunsight.

This method is slightly more complicated but can give just as impressive results (if not better). There are quite a few good examples of this out there on the internet. Even the bizon in OFP is actually one of the pac files edited (not the p3d file itself) so even BIS use this. But if you are happy with O2 then you can use the above method also.

Hope that made sense.
Simon