Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: problems opening models!  (Read 1892 times)

NavySeal

problems opening models!
« on: 01 Nov 2002, 05:43:03 »
ballistics lil birds models and cpt moores hueys p3d models wontl oad in o2.  it says error loading model.  whats wrong?

Offline Viking

• Members
  • NORSOF
Re:problems opening models!
« Reply #1 on: 01 Nov 2002, 09:48:54 »
Binarize, maybe?

Viking
VIKING
Modeller/Skinner/Coder
NORFOR

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #2 on: 01 Nov 2002, 13:47:55 »
you hit the nail on the head there Viking - the BAS LB p3d's have been binarized for 3 reasons:

1. The p3d is smaller in size as odol (instead of mlod)

2. Version compatability, when binarized the p3d's are compatible with all versions of ofp.

3. To stop people doing what you're trying to do NavySeal, as you can appreciate, we have spent a hell of a lot of time and effort working on the LB's at BAS, and the only people we want making changes to these models are the people at BAS, we dont want people opening the model, swapping some weapons around, and claiming the models for themselves...

Now we wont go into the whole "He/She stole my addon" argument again, so topic closed...

NavySeal

« Reply #3 on: 01 Nov 2002, 19:44:11 »
you dont need to bea dick about it. bas already said i could use the model outlines for my mod if i give them full credit for model, and like umm...im nota prick like the idiot that just edits model and take credit. im a nice person:)

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #4 on: 02 Nov 2002, 13:26:46 »
I'm sorry m8, i didn't mean to sound angry/pissed off about it... I know that there are a lot of honest people out there like yourself who would give us full credit for the work - but unfortunately as allways there are the few who spoil it... :(

I'll speak to the team about it, then pm you on this matter NavySeal

NavySeal

« Reply #5 on: 02 Nov 2002, 19:38:07 »
aight kool no hard feelings.  ok you do that, tiger shark already knows though. my email is soulgrinder08@msn.com if he didnt remember.  adios dude ::)

Eviscerator

« Reply #6 on: 02 Nov 2002, 21:12:46 »
ok, i dont think number 3 had much to do with it at all, it was mainly file size, as navy seal has found out by just asking us most of the time we will allow you to modify it

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #7 on: 08 Nov 2002, 22:25:04 »
How do you open Models? when I go into O2 and go to Open then select the P3D I want to open, is says Cannot Load O2 Viewer, am I missing some thing?