Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Replace original weapons with addons?  (Read 1576 times)

Offline fallujahmedic

• Members
Replace original weapons with addons?
« on: 28 Jul 2008, 00:22:39 »
I have been playing OFP since it came out years ago. Through the years I've used many great add-ons, but I've always wondered if it was possible to REPLACE the existing weapon/vehicle models with newer add-ons. No new scripts or anything, just update the original stuff. Would be nice to play all the way through the campaign with an M4 or MP5 SD.

Offline birdy

• Members
Re: Replace original weapons with addons?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2008, 01:33:22 »
The Graa modpack is nice, It's not just animations but models too.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=4;t=60583  :yes:

I think what you're asking is far different though... But I'm no modder, I believe what you're asking is in the Config.cpp thingy, try looking at that for a while, maybe something will come up.

Offline fallujahmedic

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 31 Jul 2008, 02:41:16 »
That modpack does look interesting.

I think you are right though, its not quite what I was looking for. I'm surprised that with as many people who viewed this thread that no one else has an answer. :weeping:

Offline birdy

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 02 Aug 2008, 00:31:34 »
Ok, I've been fiddling around and came to a conclusion... It won't be easy.  :dry:

One thing you could do is ask sactuary what he did, he's a nice guy so he won't shoot you down.  :yes:

Another thing you could do is look at the .cpp files of the Graa thing I sent you, and look at what goes down in there, to my understanding (which isn't much) The model defs should be in there, maybe he have to dig for a while.

This is kinda outta my league, so I'd say wait for someone with experience to help you... Unless you can't wait that long.

Offline fallujahmedic

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 03 Aug 2008, 15:08:12 »
Thanks Birdy!
     I guess I'll just have to do it the hard way and disassemble and decompile everything then print it out and go through it line by line. I cant ever figure stuff out on the computer, I have to see it in print...lol, guess im just old school !!