Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: O2 >O2 light? [Solved]  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Bracks

• Members
O2 >O2 light? [Solved]
« on: 23 Jul 2008, 09:38:42 »
Hi,

I created half a dozen bunkers for arma in O2, now I am trying to bring them over to ofp.  However the .p3d's wont launch with flashpoint when they have been edited in arma's O2.

Also o2 light wont open them, giving me a corrupt p3d error.  I have tried deleting all the extra things like rvmats and even selections but still get the same results.

I strongly suspect it wont be possible, but does anyone know of a way to remove that extra data which arma's O2 adds or have any other suggestions which will save me from having to remodel/unwrap/texture them again?

Thanks.  :)

« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2008, 04:06:27 by Bracks »

Offline Synide

• Members
Re: O2 >O2 light?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2008, 10:09:33 »
OFP and O2Light created and used MLOD models of version type SP3X.

ArmA and O2PE creates and uses MLOD models of version type P3DM.

Do you notice anything significant about the above 2 statements?

There was an early beta version of O2PE for ArmA that still had an export to SP3X format feature. Probably, you can find this version here at OFPEC or at one of the many other sites.

A word of warning though, some of the 'features' that the ArmA P3DM format supports are not backwardly compatible to the SP3X format. But you should be able to get something resonable from that O2PE beta export version.

Offline Bracks

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2008, 10:21:38 »
thanks Synide for the detailed answer,  :scratch:

I still have a zip of the first O2 (arma) version so I will put that back on the pc. 

All I really need is the first LOD as the geo and other ones didn't take me that long to add. (the bunkers are quite simple overall shapes)   :)

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2008, 13:42:56 »
A simpler solution is likely to be to download and run the older version of the ArmA o2, the 1 that allows you to save as an OFP p3d.

Offline Bracks

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2008, 03:53:16 »
Just to clarify,
I orginally thought that the exporter would work like one I had previously tried in a different program which just exports the current layer, which was where my comment about the 1 lod came from. 
But as I found (and now understand better what Synide mean't) it exported the whole p3d.
As far as I can tell, everything is the same in the exported version (opened in light), so thanks again for the help.  It has saved me alot of hours!  :good:   
« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2008, 03:55:15 by Bracks »