Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: vehicles still go through my building :-(  (Read 1459 times)

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

vehicles still go through my building :-(
« on: 08 Oct 2002, 08:36:15 »
Hi.  I followed bressebs crate tutorial and followed everything and also set the mass to the building... I selected all "ctrl+A" then applied 50000 to the mass.  So I tested the building but I could still go through the buildings and the enemies could apparently see through the buildings and shoot me.  Does it have to do with the convex hull? I think I read something about the convex hull at the 1985 Official forum.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks :-)

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
Re:vehicles still go through my building :-(
« Reply #1 on: 08 Oct 2002, 16:41:40 »
I suspect your right about it being convex hull problems..

I had this problem and ended up rebuilding every building I had done into simple blocks that dont misshape badly when I do the convex hull thing.

It sorted the visability and the collisions, now I cant walk through the walls (although it was funny).

I have a large ship that needs dismantling to sort this out.  It seems its better to think of lots of simple 'objects' than 1 or two complex ones..

At least when dealing with O2, buts thats my limited experience.  hope this helps
CBF Shipbuilding

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #2 on: 09 Oct 2002, 16:23:02 »
Hi CBFasi.  Thanks.  Now, I was reading through the 1985 forum but I didn't see any topic that explained how to use the convex hull.  When I click on the 'tripology'--> 'convex hull' my model kinds of lean to one side and my model gets messed up.  Do you know how the convex hull works?  Thanks.  Now if you could answer this question, it will be very very very appreciated.  ANyways, thanks.  :-)

brsseb

« Reply #3 on: 09 Oct 2002, 20:37:07 »
Ive never heard of a convex hull (frankly, I dont even understand the word "convex"), and my crate Geo LOD should  work fine.

But did you remeber to save the selection? Cltr+A, apply mass and then save the selection as Component01? Its crucial that you save it, because the way I see it OFP wont use structures in the Geo-LOD that hasnt been saved to a selection..

brsseb

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 10 Oct 2002, 04:24:14 »
I recommend using the component convex hull (CCH) function geo lods - it's under the structure/convexity menu. Geo lods require all the objects to have convex shapes (ie no concave angles to the faces) and for the objects to be named properly. This function does it all for you.

A simple example. If you make a L shaped block all in one peice, the 90 degree angle is concave so will not work. What you need to do is take the top part of the L and seperate it from the lower part so that you have two square blocks, one sitting on top of the other. (note: you need to do this manually before you run the CCH function, if you do not, then it will join the top part with the lower right to make a convex shape.)

SelectThis

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #5 on: 10 Oct 2002, 08:54:19 »
 :D :D :D
Now, I will try that.  I made a L shaped building and only 2 side of the building worked but the other side made me go through... which was bad.  

So I'll test that out and report back.  Thanks.  Now I know how to use the convex hull thingy.  I was using it wrong.

Again, as usuall, thanks selectthis.  Any hope of releasing those ranger and delta units?

=DRB=gen.jengske

« Reply #6 on: 30 Oct 2002, 12:14:18 »
hi all
you have a problem that the addon has no walls, i'm in the same position as you only my addon has tomany walls wen i do the hux thing, it keeps forgetting my door opening .

and if i understand the prefius reply i need to split the roof from the botom is this correct?

i keep on looking for a solution but i alays get stuck
now i want it to be a proxy object but do'nt now how i must enter the line wen you make a proxy out of a existing myaddon.pbo normaly you put the p3d file in data3d and its working perfect in o2 but in ofp it cane not find the p3d model

so if somone now how to fix it please help me ???

and you ore working on that first lesson creating a container
i will explain ;
first draw the box in lod 00.00 , duplicate thet lod , proporties, geometry, select all ,apply mass,name selection component01 and save the model and test it.
if you stiil walk true wals delete te last step (geometry lod)
then dupicate the 00.00 lod back to geometry apply mas then find components deselect, and do the confex hux thing and save model and test it again normaly wen its just a box the hux works proper ,but wen you want doors and windows  it closes all
i hope this is helpfull for you
greetings
=DRB=gen.jengske