Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Dialogs  (Read 1744 times)

Offline ModestNovice

• Members
Dialogs
« on: 15 May 2008, 06:10:08 »
I downloaded a tool to make dialogs for OFP. Changing the text to arma text classes after it converted the code, worked kind of, but I would get an error, something about Your553423e232/Arma.exe/ColorDisabled not found, something like that. I know the codes for dialogs probably aren't quite the same, does anyone know just how much of the code I would have to change to make it fully functional if possible for ArmA?  ???

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=153&page=0&cat=xyz

"The road became empty and the people disappeared. The clouds ran away; opened up the sky, and one by one I watched every constellation die."
- Sean "Slug" Daley

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
Re: Dialogs
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2008, 06:29:07 »
hope you get that solved, it never worked in OFP for me :confused:
Semper Fi

Offline ModestNovice

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2008, 06:38:07 »
thx  :confused:

yea I don't know what I'm doing with dialogs at all. Thats why I am trying to use this tool  :P

Don't get discouraged, MulleDk is releasing a new, sweet ArmA Dialog Tool soon

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=3078
« Last Edit: 15 May 2008, 06:40:54 by DaChevs »
"The road became empty and the people disappeared. The clouds ran away; opened up the sky, and one by one I watched every constellation die."
- Sean "Slug" Daley

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2008, 06:40:46 »
@ ED Staff, can someone double check that that is a working tools?
@ DaChevs me too  ;)
Semper Fi

Offline Loyalguard

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2008, 10:26:57 »
The dialog maker does work with ArmA and I have used it extensively to make ArmA dialogs but I have to do some tweaking after to get them to run error free (not too too much though).  If I remember correctly that error message is probably related to one or more buttons in your dialog (it is one I ran into too!).  ColorDisabled is required by ArmA but I don't think was there in OFP (or at least not the dialog maker).

As far as what works and what won't it'll have to be trial and error.  The Dialog Control page on the Biki will probably help you diagnose easier.  One think to be sure to remember is to add ; after all the dialog controls properties, the dialog maker does not do this for all of them.

What I find most useful with the dialog maker is being able to place the controls with the mouth and have them snap to the grid as opposed to messing with x,y values (although a little of that is necessary) so it is still very worthwhile.

Offline ModestNovice

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2008, 00:17:53 »
thanks  ;)

SWEET this tool works perfect. You just have to switch the text to a text ArmA recognizes try: TahomaB.

Then add in some lines and you're good to go.  :good:
« Last Edit: 17 May 2008, 06:37:15 by DaChevs »
- Sean "Slug" Daley