Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Hello everybody, I have some simple and noobish questions pls  (Read 1988 times)

Offline ModjoJojo

• Members
  Hello there, you have a nice comunity here glad I joined now. I am an old player of OFP and I was playing with mission editing and all but that was 4-5 years ago. Now, after all this time, after I waited for OFP2 and tired of waiting I though to try ArmA and to start edit some mission for my personal joy. But, after all this time I can't find all of the tutorials of doing that and I can't remember anything about it. I readed some posts over here, I got a lots of scripts also but I realllly don't know what to do with those. I even don't know where to put those .Ex.: I have the accurate landings script and I have there in the directory of the archive 5 files: 1x jpg, description.ext, unit.sqf, mando_heliroute_arma.sqf and mission.sqm....I'm pretty lost I never played with premade scripts and I don't know how to use those, don't know what to do with those files. I also knew some simple editing commands lines that I don't remember how they was like:

1. If I want to get an team in a chopper, I use "get in" (for the team) and "load" (for the chopper) waypoints and after that I syncronise them. But the chopper is getting in the air before the team is getting to him and is staying there in the air. When the team is coming closer he is landing and the team is getting in. I want that the chopper stay in the ground with the engine stoped and to start the engine(and to follow the next waypoints) after the team is getting on. I also want that the chopper after he is droping the cargo (with the "transport unload") at the designated waypoint to come back from where he started, land, and stop the engine. I also wanna know how can I set an altitude for him. Also how can I call it to an specific location to take me to base? Can I call it to take me from the top of a building?
2. If a member of my team is a pilot and he is flying an chopper, how can I make him land in a designated area? I know I can use dissembark but it must be a better way for doing this
I just got this 2 quiestions for now, rly sorry if there are answer to this someplace but I didn't find any. Also there is an simple tutorial about editing triggers, waypoints, markers, synchronise options from in game? I know there was some tutorial on OFP but ArmA is not having any. Thanks verry much and I'm waiting for a response

Offline Gcfungus

• Members
I'll try to answer your questions as far as I can.

1. I'm not sure if you could turn the engine off, I think there is some form of use of the action command (something like heli action "engineoff"), but why would you need to turn the engine off? I think the command
Code: [Select]
heli flyinheight 100 should work, but before it didn't for me, and can be unreliable. With landing choppers in exact positions, it's very difficult. Even for a player, to land in a certain place is difficult, but except for wide open spaces, with ai it's practically impossible. Also, I think rooftop boardings are also impossible.

2. With manual commands, I'm not sure if you can do that, and disembark is the nearest thing you can get, as ai just don't have the initiative to stop the engine, or land for seemingly no reason.

I hope this helps, and tell me if there's anything you don't understand or anything more you want help with.  :) :good:

-=GC=-Fungus1999
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
~George Patton

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
heli Land "LAND" with w/p load transport
use an invisibly H pad too
Semper Fi

Offline ModjoJojo

• Members
Ty for a fast answer. I just want that chopper to stay on the ground until the group is on board. And with him landing in exact position i have "accurate landings" script that I will use but first, from what I asked in the first post, I don't know how to use it. I don't know where to put those files, and I don't know how to make the chopper use the script. I am the biggest noob you have seen for the past months about editing ArmA so take me step by step pls.
I can find a simple tutorial to start over with the simples commands lines? If I remember correctily OFP was having some sort of short tutorial about markers and triggers but I can't find the game, don't remember where I put it.
Schuler, I don't really understand what you say there, at the waypoint load I shoud use heli land "LAND" line as a command or something.....you lost me sorry

Ty

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
i will send by email a tute  :yes:

edit non scripted heli land board and land again and get out,,, the troops join you.
edit as this was first posted in OFP the tute here is OFP
« Last Edit: 26 May 2008, 02:58:45 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline ModjoJojo

• Members
Verry nice tutorial ty verry much. But, is not what I wanted tho it will help me a lot in the future. What I want is:

When I start the mission, the chopper is on the ground. It is having an load wp exactly on his position. So far so good
There is my team that I want to board the chopper so I put an "get in" wp near the "load" wp of the chopper and I synchronise them so the chopper is waiting for my team to board
The problem is that, when the game is starting, the chopper is imediatly starting the engine and is taking off and is hovering above that spot. I just want him to stay on the ground until I am getting in. I know this can be donne I was using this in OFP but I can't remember how

Next thing is, how do I am using scripts? where do I put those files?

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
Just put in heli unit
helo setFuel 0; engines don't run without fuel!!!!!  then wait with a trigger and then
 helo setFuel 1; then you got fuel,,,,,, she'll go then,

Next thing is, how do I am using scripts? where do I put those files?
put files in your mission folder, [user] call in triggger        [] exec"nameofscript.sqs"    or [player] exec"nameofscript.sqs"
Semper Fi

Offline ModjoJojo

• Members
where do I put that [user] call in trigger? and I suppose that [] exec"nameofscript.sqs" I put in wp ini? pls m8 step by step

Offline Gcfungus

• Members
You can put it almost anywhere you want. Put it in the activation of a trigger, it'll start the script when the trigger is activated. Put it in a WP, and it'll start when the waypoint ahs been completed. Put it in an init field, and it will start straight away.

-=GC=-Fungus1999
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
~George Patton

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Are you asking about OFP or ArmA?
urp!

Offline ModjoJojo

• Members
Re: Hello everybody, I have some simple and noobish questions pls
« Reply #10 on: 22 May 2008, 20:13:41 »
Just ArmA. I was saying about OFP because I was playing it long time ago and I was doing something for those choppers to stay on the ground until the soldiers get on it and I was thinking maybe is working with ArmA also. I've seen now that the team members that I have are not following me on building stairs...they are getting stuck on the walls