Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: description.ext / Setting Identities  (Read 877 times)

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
description.ext / Setting Identities
« on: 26 Apr 2008, 02:58:11 »
HI all, this is a very basic question, kind of.  Well with the identities in OFP, such as "James Gastovski". how does one get the in-game voice to recognize the speaker as "James Gastovski"?  Here is my example of what I did in the description file. 

Code: [Select]
class CfgIdentities
{
  class MyCharacter
  {
    name = "James Gastovski";
    face = "Face12";
    glasses="None";
    speaker = "James Gastovski
    pitch = 1.00;
  };
};

When I'm in-game play, it doesn't seem to recognize the name or work, how do you make it so you hear James voice like the campaign? Thank you.

Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline Gcfungus

• Members
Re: description.ext / Setting Identities
« Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2008, 09:16:29 »
Having done a small bit of research, I conclude that there is no voice of James Gustovski. Play the missions with him in, and try calling out something like injured or ready to fire. You will then realise this is nothing like the voice you hear in cutscenes. That is just a recording, so realisticly the only way to get his voice would be to either get someone who can immitate it, or get the guy who recorded it for BIS in the first place. If you wanted to find 'Gustovski's voice, you could try decoding the campaign, but you won't get the voice as in cutscenes.

-=GC=-Fungus1999
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
~George Patton